Doomsday Movies with Happy Endings...

With doomsday movies like "2012", "The Day After Tomorrow" and "independence Day".. at the end of the movie don't you ponder....

Ya, that's fine, the human race has skirted extinction......but what about all the hundreds of nuclear plants that went critical..?? It's never addressed in the movies.

I can only think, Chriselle, that all of the nuclear plants were safe and didn't go critical.

Run by competent and professional types.

homer.jpg

Having said that, sometimes I simply don't believe some movie documentaries.

:(

Well,,, if they'd have mentioned domes...then the happily ever after scenario would work. It would only take a short blurb by Dicaprio or whoever lead actor survived........"We'll build domes!!" Perfect ending...

The best bit is definitely where they overcome some big difficulty in the end, and there's a big "HURRAY!" with lots of backslapping and high fives. And rousing music.

Even better when there's an emotional speech about how great mankind the US of A is.

:thumbsup:

I'm sure I read that Will Smith priced himself out of a sequel, can't recall if they are still making one.

Love the way they beat the aliens with an apple laptop though. That was very clever.

Right before Pie Eater....Abe's right hand man, sacrifices himself to save humanity from certain annihilation ..

From laughing stock wanna be dome builder to world hero....I salute you...

:thumbsup:

Well, surely there would be some domes involved in this project.

Which would of course be a documentary movie.

Perhaps this will be the impetus for domes-related discussion.

Pies you would probably have to be a down on your luck, alcoholic nobody just trying to do ur part, for theatrical purposes, before your inner super hero springs forth as you save the nation by sticking ur finger into the hole in the reactor to plug the gap (before you build your dome) as you then get saluted with 35 Banzai's from our great leader Abe!

Yes..... a 3 day drunk slob, slumped over on a stool in a two bit diner incessantly scribbling dome ideas on table napkins while other town folk snicker, sneer and shake their heads in disdain...... :D Gambaru Pies..!!