Yeah I know its a bit early for new gear threads, but ever since the onset of spring I had been thinking about getting a shorter board to use early and late season that'd give me a good chance to improve my park/trick skills without worrying about hurting my powder snake......but the prices weren't really there to justify it......until now! On Backcountry, I managed to pick up a capita Thunderstick, 157 (a 6cm decrease in my usual riding length :evilgrin: ) for 25k including shipping (19k excl shipping). I had a search on evo as well and there are some very cheap deals on some Rome boards just now, I saw a couple for $136 and $160 US.....the reason I didn't get one of them was that they were rockered......I wanted a camber board.

Anyone else buying some new gear early?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And one of these

well TBH so am I.....don't tell the missus.......just hoping that the delivery will come when she isn't in and I can safely hide the new board with my other board and when the season swings around again I can maintain that I've always had this board :D

There's a pair of skis I'm itching to buy, but have to sell some present models to make it happen -- not the cost, but the house rule of ``one in, one out'' on stuff.

:lol: I know this well :)

Although I sold all my extra boards before moving up here....my final back up went just before Christmas....so in fairness to me (not that the wife would necessarily agree) I ran on low stock all last season, soooo......

Bought an avalanche beacon at the end of April (season was already over having dislocated and fractured my wrist) on the day I got out of hospital after the operation to put bolts in my wrist.

Tubby, look out for any sales at Shugakuso. It's an outdoor store invade you don't know and love the place already. The one in Shiroishi is the better of them.

There's one directly north of Sapporo JR. Maybe kita 12 or 14 ish.

Not as good as the Shiroishi branch, but plenty of kit in there to drool over.

TB why did you want a camber board wouldn't a rocker board be a bit more forgiving for tricks?

Yes I have been watching BC and EVO very tempting but my board isn't even a year old so I will wait till next year.

New Helmet but don't want to buy one on line as I want to try them on I do like the look of these though

aqytp008-kj61.jpg

TB why did you want a camber board wouldn't a rocker board be a bit more forgiving for tricks?

Yes I have been watching BC and EVO very tempting but my board isn't even a year old so I will wait till next year.

New Helmet but don't want to buy one on line as I want to try them on I do like the look of these though

aqytp008-kj61.jpg

Hey seemore!

Basically I wanted a camber board because my PowderSnake is a flat/rocker......flat between the bindings and rocker tip n tail....which of course I love.....BUT I wanted something different for early n late season when powder isn't the biggest factor....I sold off my other boards before moving up here and was forced to use the snake all year....putting a few gouges in it it I didn't want to

If my lady friend gets to find about me spending this money, I also will point the finger at Tubby.

:grandpa:

:lol:

As long as MY lady doesn't find out, I don't mind taking the blame for everyone else!!

What did you buy?

Yeah I have used them as well mostly they will deliver free within the US then you pay HSG to send to you there website is pretty simple.

Didn't get any benefit packing the stuff together though it worked out the same price

Pants don't excite me.

Well, I suppose some skimpy frilly silky ones might but...

The thing I would want to get is some new skis. Don't think I'll be able to justify though. I want to venture further away from base next season.

• 2 weeks later...

I came very close to purchasing this board:

rome-whiteroom-st-splitboard-14-prod.jpg

But at $450 and shipping on top, it would be more like $700 and then some...

Rome Notch

You should be able to get it shipped for $100