Wick! (Or, Lord Flashheart retreats)

The People's Poet, what a total legend. I was fourteen when the Young Ones first showed, and I've never laughed as much in my life as that first episode. The two series were mindblowing at the time.Thanks Rik!

(throwaway comment about standup being super trendy and big business now, but the vast majority of the comedians being nowhere near as funny)

He was a fumny man.

I too havent seen the young ones in ages must watch some they were so funny.

The new statesmen was also a laugh.

Wasnt Rick in that too? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Must be 20 years since I last saw that.

Oh Cliff,

Sometimes it must be hard not to feel as if,

You really are a cliff

When fascists keep trying to push you over it,

Are they the lemmings or are you Cliff,

Or are you clff,

Or are you Cliff.

Actor and long-time friend Adrian Edmondson said of Rik Mayall: "There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him.

"And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish b*****d."

I'm actually rather sad about this, didn't realize how much I loved Rik, the funny b'stard

I can't quite think of anyone who I've laughed at more over the years.

:(

I remember liking the young ones when I was a kid, but actually watching again some years later and not liking them that much.......still a very famous British comedy person

Absolutely ****ing hate the "like us to see more info or get a sticker" kind of bullshit.

It was fun earlier on but I'm not using it much now.

I don't think I've ever watched the New Statesman properly. I might have to give it another go. I've never seen Bottom either.

I saw the Bambi episode of the Young Ones again on Tuesday and still thought it was really funny. It's on Youtube in three parts.