Is there a cure for a keyboard messed up with spilled coffee?

I remember and understand that kind of stuff, but then that kind of stuff used to be my job. I can understand why it does peoples heads in.

I have rung up Microsofts help line a number of times, for heaps of different reasons. Trying to get any info out of their first level support is next to impossible, really need to get to second level support before you get to someone who can do more than read from the script in front of them.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually by acting like an asshole and demanding to speak to their manager. Once speaking to the manager be all sweetness and light, and ask nicely to speak to someone in second level support. Most support centre managers are too busy to spend time on the phone so are only to happy to push you off to someone else. ( After years in IT, talking to many an idiot on the phone I'm not too sure whether it's an act when I'm an asshole to someone on the phone)

Difficult isn't it.

If you're too nice you probably won't get anywhere. But an arsehole and people aren't inclined to help especially when they're just working for Big Company.

The thing is you know that its not the guy on the other ends fault, he's got a script that he's got to work thru, but they are the first public face of the company so they will get it both barrels if they aren't a little cooperative

They do keep their calm though.

I remember one I go pretty angry with SkyPerfect and as annoyed as I got they kept their roboticness. Of course that just annoyed me more. Obviously, I didn't get anywhere though!