My English is getting worse too. The only people I actually speak to are the kids and my wife, so even though I can't speak Japanese, my english is getting more and more like Japlish every day.

Mine too. For obvious reasons my co-workers often come to ask me the best way to say something in English. Half the time I don't know anymore. When I go back to Canada my friends and family make fun of the way I speak now!

I doubt I know the the normal conversational way to say loads of everyday stuff in English anymore. I also don't know stuff I would have learned but haven't because I'm here, like how to describe what my kids are like or what they get up to at school.

I might know a newspaper way of saying stuff, but I don't know the normal person way.

I'm going to study how the locals of Mold react to my racy mix of Lancashire Japlish.

Unless, they are of course use to it a bit due to Dom & Phil.

Some of the new slang back home I have no idea about.....Japanerisms are now entrenched....the uh-uh-uh's and bowing to everyone....in my local bar the barman gives me right funny looks :lol:

Some of the new slang back home I have no idea about.....Japanerisms are now entrenched....the uh-uh-uh's and bowing to everyone....in my local bar the barman gives me right funny looks :lol:

When I came back to Australia there was talk of Hipsters. I had no idea what people were talking about. Still don't really.

Hipster is a term popularly used to denote an international subculture primarily consisting of white[dubiousdiscuss] Millennials living in urban areas.[1][2] The subculture has been described as a "mutating, trans-Atlantic melting pot of styles, tastes and behavior"[3]and is broadly associated with indie and alternative music, a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility (including vintage and thrift store-bought clothes), progressive, independent or far-left political views, organic and artisanal foods, and alternative lifestyles.[4][5][6]Hipsters are typically described as affluent or middle class young Bohemians who reside in gentrifying neighborhoods.[7][8]

hipsters.jpg

When I came back to Australia there was talk of Hipsters. I had no idea what people were talking about. Still don't really.

I knew a few of them in Tokyo.....regular people call them "wanks" or "arseholes".

Basically geeks who somehow think they are cool cos they wear skinny jeans, flannel lumberjack-esque shirts, grew a beard 15 years after puberty and like shite music

One problem I have back in England is being too polite all the time.

Just don't have any level of swagger at all, which is of course socially rubbish.