When I was planning our trip and deciding on which area to stay the shuttle buses where a big selling point for the different Hakuba ski areas from the Goryu lodges.

They where great to pick us up from outside the Goryu lodge to take us to Escal plaza (Goryu ski area) in the morning and bring us home in the afternoon when we where skiing.

They were not keen to shuttle us from say Escal plaza Goryu to Hakuba central on our rest day, I now understand why, Escal plaza bus doesnt want to take 2 aussies to another ski resort for a day trip. Im sure if we where there early we could have caught the Happo bus to Happo. Had we been told.

We did travel to another ski area on another day, the lodge owner drove us into the Goryu town to wait at a bus stop for that particular resort shuttle bus to pick us up, they also dropped us back in town. We did get a Escal plaza bus pick us up and dropped us off at the plaza. Where we waited for the next bus to shuttle us to the lodge

Had we stayed in Hakuba I feel it may have been easier to get around to the other resorts. This is not a complaint, just a observation from a first time traveler to the area. The shuttle buses are not a free public transport system. Although I would have gladly paid a fee for the service.

The service they offer is fantastic and friendly and they leave exactly on time,just as long as you are aware of why they are there.

My suggestions for anyone else new to the Goryu area is to use the taxis if you want to have a look around they are pretty reasonable as we found out at the end of the trip.

I hope this helps another newbie to understand the shuttle system.

You can't blame them for not wanting to send business elsewhere.

It is unfair that people seem to expect free bus services like they apparently do.

Not sure people expect free service, I just think It could be explained a little better by the people booking tourists to the area.

The Shuttle will take you from Escal, Iimori, 47, Happo, Iwtake and Tsugaiki to any resort via the info centre from 8.00am to 10.30am and start the same service again at 1.30 pm for half day ticket holders wanting to get back to there Hotel. Or for those wanting a late start .If you don,t like the resort you have chosen to ski that day, catch a taxis which are plentfull between the time of 10.30am and 1.30 pm at the the resorts which are part of the All Mountain lift pass system.

Thats the clearest info I have seen, thanks. Shame the lodge didnt share the same, I think they where keen to keep our money in their local area. Is the information centre in Hakuba town?

You can't blame them for not wanting to send business elsewhere.

It is unfair that people seem to expect free bus services like they apparently do.

Not sure people expect free service, I just think It could be explained a little better by the people booking tourists to the area.

They tend to prefer conveniently not mention stuff that costs extra.