Niseko has free shuttle buses connecting Annupuri > Higashiyama > Hirafu > Hanazono.

There is a free bus to Rusutsu Resort (year round) so long as u make a reservation the day before.

Then, there are bus packs to just about every resort which, when u work out the cost of the day pass u usually get included in the pack, the bus is free.

Is there a free shuttle bus service between Rusutsu and Niseko?

Niseko has free shuttle buses connecting Annupuri > Higashiyama > Hirafu > Hanazono.

There is a free bus to Rusutsu Resort (year round) so long as u make a reservation the day before.

Then, there are bus packs to just about every resort which, when u work out the cost of the day pass u usually get included in the pack, the bus is free.

Is there a free shuttle bus service between Rusutsu and Niseko?

the only problem with the buses from Sapporo is that you don't get there until mid morning......bugs me.....depending on where you go, a lot of the good stuff has been well tracked when you get there. That was also my pet peeve with the day buses from Tokyo as well, and why I rarely used them. If the shink is able to reduce the time from Tokyo to Noz-Myoko area, I think they may be pretty popular for day trippers. Like I said before, the extra 2hrs stuck on the bus from Nagano to hakuba or Shiga Kogen etc meant that I didn't visit that area as much as I would've liked too. I usually only do/did day trips, thats why the Yuzawa resorts from Tokyo was a no-brainer really.

I got an email the other day telling me that snow conditions are 'guaranteed' in January and February, which was good to hear.

(And I have no idea how I was on that mailing list. I hope their 'unsubscribe' works, the slimeballs).