• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the roads are open.

From Yuzawa, you'll get Route 17 north into Minamiuonuma, turn onto Route 353 at Ishiuchi; then turn left onto Route 117 towards Nagano.

It's about 60km and on a good clear day can be done in just over an hour or so.

Oh, I never drive / ski when it's dumping snow. Sounds silly to me. ;)

What I said was the least time it would take given great conditions and lack of slow trucks and ojisans.

No. (I don't think so at least, highly doubt it).

You'd need to get the train from Echigo Yuzawa via Muikamachi over to Tokamachi (just 1 train if you do the Hokuhoku line), and then over to Togari Nozawa Onsen on the Iiyama line.

Bit of a round route, but no driving involved.

I don't actually know.

They still don't seem to be giving us an expected re-open date.

That'll be a real inconvenients to people going between Yuzawa area and Tsunan. There's a fair few as well.

Quite a few people do. It's only 30 minutes or so really. I think people as far west as Nozawa come over to Yuzawa to get the shink down to Tokyo as well.

I suppose that will be changing when the Iiyama Station opens next year.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take from Tokyo to Iiyama station on the new Hokuriku Shinkansen? I bet the resorts will be running shuttle buses from there too. Could it make Nozawa a doable day trip option like the Yuzawa area resorts?

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take from Tokyo to Iiyama station on the new Hokuriku Shinkansen? I bet the resorts will be running shuttle buses from there too. Could it make Nozawa a doable day trip option like the Yuzawa area resorts?

I can't answer your question, but as things stand, discounted day trips between Nagano City and Tokyo on the Shink cost a minimum of 8,000 yen return. Iiyama is further and you'll need a lift ticket and shuttling too, so maybe cost will be the problem, not time.