Hi and welcome :wave:

Yuzawa is the name of the town. (You might hear Echigo Yuzawa which is the full traditonal name). There's 13 individual ski resorts (skijo) in Yuzawa.

Some of the ski resorts have Yuzawa in their name, which confuses some people - here's a list of resorts within the boundarties of Yuzawa town, all within easy reach of each other:

http://www.snowjapan...rts/town/yuzawa

Hope that helps.

Muika, could you call Yuzawa a ski resort with many ski areas?

Forexample when a customer visits they stay & eat in the resort, and try different ski areas

Like Hakuba in a way...

I know you only answered his question, but i wasn't querying that.

confused how you think calling Yuzawa a ski resort is marketing and selling? Maybe a ski town is more appropriate.

What did Yuzawa used to have as a phrase Human Urban Resort or something? :lol:

Some of the skijo in Yuzawa have Yuzawa in the name, it does indeed confuse with people thinking Yuzawa = Gala Yuzawa or Yuzawa = Yuzawa Kogen.

muikabochi has answered my question and I totally understand now.

It's pretty obvious that Yuzawa is a "ski town" in that it has different ski hills dotted around that are close together.

But I was confused by exactly what 634-maru said confuses people - Gala Yuzawa, Yuzawa Kogen, Yuzawa??

Thanks for clearing it up muikabochi and 634-maru.

:thumbsup:

In Hakuba, is there or perhaps was there a year round village or town, kind of Central to most of the ski hills before the Nagano Olympics (as I assume that's when most development started....correct me if I'm wrong)?

Yuzawa is a town that just happens to be very close to a bunch of ski hills, a few of which use it's name. Are any of the ski hills ran by the town council itself or are they all in private hands?

LAVA YUZAWA.

With roots tracing back all the way to when the entire earth was a giant pit of molten rock, Lava Yuzawa is the premier lava town in Japan.