Lowcost tickets availability for Tokyo-Sapporo route

Hi folks

I'm new in the community. So let me introduce myself first.

I'm an addicted powder skier from Spain who is planning to make with a group of friends a dreamed trip to Hakkaido next year :)

We have started barely from the scratch; as you can imagine there are few people in my country considering this as a snow destination and they just put in their agendas the Alps.

Lucky me, I've found this phorum ;)

Anyway, we're trying to figure out how to get to Sapporo. We have several options to reach Tokio, but after the layover we've got to head to Sapporo. I've read that there are several lowcost carriers that make the route, but unfortunately they don't sell tickets further October 2014.

So, my question is the one that follows. Do you know when they make available those ticktes for travelling in January 2015?

Any other carriers besides Jetstar, Skymark or Vanilla Air that I should consider?

Since we won't have too much time, we don't want to spend the night over Tokyo, nor spend to much time in the layover. Will we find problems in this sense regarding the frequency of the flights and the time scheduled?

Thank you very much for your help

Eduardo

Generally Japanese tour agents do t release flights for sale until 3 months before the date. Jetstar is usually longer though. There's another airline called Air Do that do the same route. Be careful about which TOKYO airport you fly into and which one your flight to Sapporo leaves from....there are 2 , Narita and Haneda and they aren't close together.

I saw a website that seemed to tell me that Narita was close to Matsumoto which was close to Mt Fuji and the snow monkeys. And Nikko.

;)

I must say, it's all jolly confusing.

Generally Japanese tour agents do t release flights for sale until 3 months before the date. Jetstar is usually longer though. There's another airline called Air Do that do the same route. Be careful about which TOKYO airport you fly into and which one your flight to Sapporo leaves from....there are 2 , Narita and Haneda and they aren't close together.

Thanks for your answer.

How much are they tipically? I know that it depends, but if you're not travelling during bank holidays or special dates, how much are they roughly speaking?

Any special consideration related to the ski luggage fares? I've seen with one of the carriers (can not recall just now) that it's 1000 yens per flight. Which actually I found it quite cheap.

Hi folks

I'm an addicted powder skier from Spain who is planning to make with a group of friends a dreamed trip to Hakkaido next year :)

We have started barely from the scratch; as you can imagine there are few people in my country considering this as a snow destination and they just put in their agendas the Alps.

Anyway, we're trying to figure out how to get to Sapporo. We have several options to reach Tokio, but after the layover we've got to head to Sapporo. I've read that there are several lowcost carriers that make the route, but unfortunately they don't sell tickets further October 2014.

So, my question is the one that follows. Do you know when they make available those ticktes for travelling in January 2015?

Any other carriers besides Jetstar, Skymark or Vanilla Air that I should consider?

Since we won't have too much time, we don't want to spend the night over Tokyo, nor spend to much time in the layover. Will we find problems in this sense regarding the frequency of the flights and the time scheduled?

Eduardo

Hello Polinawer!

Jet star coming to sell tickets in finally of August. The air tickets normally price will be around 5000 yen + charge for board and bag( 3000 yen for 35 kilos) + 1200 charge of payment.

but sometimes open flash offer for 990 yen one way.

Vanilla air have good price too.

Another option will be japan air pass 10800 one way + 5000 for you skis or snowboarb, but not possible in all dates

Hi folks

Eduardo

Welcome to the Forum! ^_^ Anyway, Japan's really a great place for ski vacation and I'm sure you will have an awesome and worth vacation if you'd find time to stay atleast 1 week. Vanilla Air or Jetstar is a good option though.

• 1 month later...

That's a creative thought, Seemore! :thumbsup: I see Korean Air leaves Madrid at 10:50, arrives Inchon 06:20 following day and then has a 10:10 flight to Chitose arriving 12:55. that's summer schedule, but probably something similar in winter.

That's a creative thought, Seemore! :thumbsup: I see Korean Air leaves Madrid at 10:50, arrives Inchon 06:20 following day and then has a 10:10 flight to Chitose arriving 12:55. that's summer schedule, but probably something similar in winter.

Yeah, exactly. Unfortunately, it is a bit expensive.

Currently we are considering to make Madrid-Beijing and then Beijing-Sapporo (just one layover) with Air China. It has good fares but first we have to clarify their policy on special equipment such as the ski transportation.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that there are flights direct from Germany to Sapporo! (A friend is going direct to Munich soon from Chitose airport)

Cheaper for u to go Madrid > Munich > Sapporo?

I heard that there are flights direct from Germany to Sapporo! (A friend is going direct to Munich soon from Chitose airport)

Yeah, thanks.

We have different options virtually all with the same price. London, Paris, Helsinki and Frankfurt are our choices.

Helsinki layover is the fastest way to get there. Roughly 18h for the whole trip.

We are skipping the ones with only just one layover (Air China and Korean Air) because they are expensive and sport baggage are not included in the ticket.

By the way, I forgot to say that there are already available tickets for January of Jetstar :)

Interesting! Munich is a great place.....I wanna go to the Oktoberfest at least once more :)