Guess which Japanese ski resort gets the most page views on SnowJapan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It probably had so many hits that it crashed and re-set the system, before Sj's Bob could get his tech paws on the data

• SnowJapan Admin

Not quite.

(Actually, I'd really like to have a day or two of doing not much at all if that's ok.)

Perhaps Wednesday.

;)

• SnowJapan Admin

OK here's the answers.

As you might expect, all of the usual suspects are near the top of the list so the top 3 only is hardly a 'whole picture', but that was my challenge.

There's all sorts of things going on that affect the numbers, including stuff like big boosts in numbers if an outside page on another popular site links in, search results, silly meaningless 'bots' (though we tried to ignore those), etc.

So pinches of salt required, but interesting all the same.

Further analysis will, of course, remain top secret. Got to keep some bit of mystery.

Season as a whole:

1 Hakuba Happo-one

2 Hakuba Goryu

3 Zao Onsen

December:

1 Fujiten Snow Resort

2 Hakuba Goryu

3 Zao Onsen

February:

1 Niseko Grand Hirafu

2 Hakuba Happo-one

3 GALA Yuzawa

---

Unfortunately, no-one won the top prize of a week's luxury accommodation at Mt Granview plus spending cash prize of 500,000 yen.

"Unfortunately, no-one won the top prize of a week's luxury accommodation at Mt Granview plus spending cash prize of 500,000 yen"

So it jackpots to the next competition? ;)

• SnowJapan Admin

Interesting results. I wonder how much they get messed by the Where is this thread.

I imagine close to nothing, onehunga, especially at the top end.

In the big picture, Forums traffic is just a very small percentage of total.

Fujiten???

I'm not THAT surprised.....after all people will instantly think...can I ride on Mt Fuji?.....of course the nearest name is Fujiten, which isn't Fuji-San but a foothill

• SnowJapan Admin

This is a total guess and not backed up by anything, but I imagine that the Fujiten thing is due to a few links into the page from "mainstream media" that brought in truckloads of traffic.

The monthly page views for the top chunk of resorts is in 5 figure numbers, so a less popular resort would need some kind of kick-up to get up there.