Typical foreigners getting it all wrong. :doh: The four seasons don't refer to the actually seasons occurring outside. They refer to the four seasons of different types of food! Simplified it goes: takenoko/nikujaga (spring), somen/zaru soba (summer), nimono/furai(fried stuff) (autumn), and nabe (winter). All season classics include any type of fish and/or tempura. C'mon, get it right guys!

and seasoning. What is that? And what is the name of the Winter Wonderland when it is not Winter?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and seasoning. What is that? And what is the name of the Winter Wonderland when it is not Winter?

Why, Wonderland of course!

It's being mighty humid around here the past couple of days. This morning was about 26C with 75-80% humidity. It's getting tougher and tougher to ride my bicycle into work every day!

Was gorgeous today.....sunny, warm and no humidity......the little sun'a are all lined up in a row for the next week, Saturday Sunday forecast to get up to 26-27 degrees :)

Pretty much the same as up here.....I'll prob notice it when I come back from home at the start of august......same as last year when I got back from LA

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or has this been a really tame rainy season so far? I mean, I've been able to commute to work by bicycle almost every day since rainy season 'started' and I haven't been rained on once.

Around here, it's usually constant drizzle, very high humidity and heat for the entire rainy season. After all, I live in a place called 'swamp port'. This year there hasn't been much swampiness though, luckily.

Ya..we've been pretty dry heh..BM. What rain we've had seems to concentrate on either Saturday or Sunday thus F'ing up my camping plans the last two weeks in a row. Next weekend is not looking any better... :mad:

Been quite wet here and certainly more wet than the previous two rainy seasons.

We have been averaging 5 out 7 days to see rain with two 9-10 day run where it has rained on each of those days.

This has been for June.

Looks like July will continue much the same.