Can someone remind me when is rainy season usually from and to on the island of Japan?

Or better still, in the areas you live. (On the island of Japan?)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! Yeah!

Even looking at the stats, in Tokyo, June averages only 12 rainy days with 120 odd hours of sunshine.....not exactly what I would class as a "rainy season". Perhaps Okinawa and Kyushu are a bit different.....they may be more affected by the tail end of the Asian monsoon, but I always thought it a bit strange that it was called a rainy season.

Students used to ask when my rainy season was back home, I'd say everyday! :)

For me, it's the type of rain (mad torrential it-almost-hurts kind) coupled with the oppressive humidity that makes it that "rainy season" feeling.

Which isn't a very comfortable one!

Is it actual rainy season rain or just regular? I remember watching the TV weather a couple of years ago and them saying, after continuous rain for 3 or 4 days, that yesterday's rain wasn't rainy season rain, but today's is!! :lol:

People on the island of Japan are always very proud of their 4 seasons....but isn't it 5? Spring, rainy, summer, autumn/fall and best of all, winter.

Typical foreigners getting it all wrong. :doh: The four seasons don't refer to the actually seasons occurring outside. They refer to the four seasons of different types of food! Simplified it goes: takenoko/nikujaga (spring), somen/zaru soba (summer), nimono/furai(fried stuff) (autumn), and nabe (winter). All season classics include any type of fish and/or tempura. C'mon, get it right guys!