Life expectancies across the are increasing, with Iceland and Japan boasting the oldest citizens.

Worldwide, a girl born in 2012 can expect to live to 73 and a boy can expect to live to 68, according to a new report from the World Health Organisation.

Across the globe, life expectancies are increasing with the highest male life expectancy being in Iceland - 81 - and the highest female life expectancy being in Japan - 87

At the top end of the scale, Japanese women have the highest female life expectancy in the world at 87, and Iceland has the highest male life expectancy – 81.

Hurray!

:clap:

Readers comments:

Cougar, Atitlan, 45 minutes ago

Um, Fukushima anybody? The global cognitive dissonance on the continuing nuclear disaster in Japan, just blows my mind away, pardon the pun. You will soon find, in the next few years, a massive rise in the number of radiation-related illnesses and deaths, and then you go and give Japan the 2020 Olympics! Are you crazy! By the way, I lived in Japan for 17 years, so I know what I am talking about.

thelmuth, rogers, 35 minutes ago

totally agree, and by the way, their cancer rates are already spiking, but wait, they don't want anyone talking about that!!!

Cougar, Atitlan, 26 minutes ago

Yep, and there has been a huge rise in thyroid-related children's diseases, plus, two close friends of mine, who had children around that time, well, both children got a rare form of eye cancer, one died, and one lost an eye. Both at different ends of the country. Again, Fukushima anyone? Forget about old war bunkers being turned into houses, or the latest celebrity rubbish....can we have some real news please? Most of the 'people' read this trash, this is what worries me. (I am here purely for research purposes and it is worrying on a daily basis)

Oh dear, that's jolly worrying.

:(

Life expectancies across the are increasing, with Iceland and Japan boasting the oldest citizens.

Worldwide, a girl born in 2012 can expect to live to 73 and a boy can expect to live to 68, according to a new report from the World Health Organisation.

Across the globe, life expectancies are increasing with the highest male life expectancy being in Iceland - 81 - and the highest female life expectancy being in Japan - 87

At the top end of the scale, Japanese women have the highest female life expectancy in the world at 87, and Iceland has the highest male life expectancy – 81.

It seems hunting whales is good for you

On a serious note, my parents are certainly 'old' now. Still genki, but old. You could say very old.

It makes me sad thinking about it, and what is inevitably round the not too distant corner.

:(