• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really miss camping down at Lake Toya. Beautiful place.      

I have a driving question.

Is it good practice or bad practice to go straight from 3rd to 5th gear (for example) if it seems ok speed/revs wise... or should you aways go one up and down at a time?

With my truck I go from say 5th to 3rd but only once I have slowed enough but I dont do that all the time.

I also start off from 2nd gear if I am on a flat or downhill road as it will do that no problem 1st gear is seriously low so only need it for not flat roads.

Of course not supposed to do but I do.

Basically as long as you dont labour the engine or over rev it too much then should be no problem.

I have bad memories of camping as a child. Including large insects, nasty 'toilets' and lots of rain. It has kind of put me off for life!

I have bad memories of camping as a child. Including large insects, nasty 'toilets' and lots of rain. It has kind of put me off for life!

That is a buzzkill combination for sure and entirely the result of poor planning. In Japan that trifecta rarely occurs..

I've never encountered nasty toilets or coin showers that promise three minutes but give you 90 seconds of cold water on a Japanese campsite. Big insects and rain are possibilities though.

In Canada, we managed to find a couple of auto campsites in BC that backed onto train lines used for freight during the night. Them trains are long and the horn on them makes it sound like a war has started.

went camping round the highlands and islands, the last time I was home in summer......before going my mrs was looking forward to it, I said nothing :) She was thinking camping in Japan where its generally warm and fine weather in summer. We got some crazy rain, wind and at night it was cold....haha! She didn't want to go camping after that