• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No muggy weather here yet.

Will be interesting to see how our summer pans out for heat and humidity.

Not supposed to be humid here at all even in August so everyone tells me.

Although I do wonder if that is the case.

Having said that last year when I came here to check how our house was getting on I have to say that although it was hot it was not humid even in August during the day. And Yamanashi had its hottest summer on record.

But as its much cooler here than Kofu and I am used to it being much cooler probably when it gets proper hot it will feel a bit humid to me anyway.

Here in winter is actually as cold or colder than Sapporo and not supposed to get as hot as Sapporo again I get told.

Virtually no houses have aircons and their are no cockroaches here in summer.

Not lomg now before I will know the thruth.

Not supposed to be humid here at all even in August so everyone tells me.

Although I do wonder if that is the case.

Lots of local people tell me that it isn't humid here in Minamiuonuma or Yuzawa in summer.

They lie!

I wonder if they actually think that or just spin off the traditional comment. Or perhaps just comparing to Tokyo.

Of course I have no idea about your area.

But I suppose if there's no aircons......

Yes one in the living room as I dont want to take any chances.

Japanese idea of not humid and mine are quite different.

Anyway it will be nice in summer even if it is not humid to be able to cool the downstairs especially wjen cooking.

It was rather hot yesterday outside but was happy that inside the house things remained nice and cool.

Our last place was boiling hot inside as soon as it got hot outside. Hoping we have much less of that!

No I meant during the day when the sun is out and it is quite warm now outside most days around high teens low twenties, but the house feels really cool. Obviously it isn't hot yet so how cool it will feel when it gets proper hot, not sure, but our house is very well insulated so it should be fairly cool even in summer.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Cool Biz is when I have the air conditioner set to about 24 degrees.

Super Cool Biz is when I crank it down to maybe 21 or 22 after an initial blast at 19.