Recently I got asked my opinion by a friend of a friend for choosing a resort to visit with English lessons, child friendly and nursery slope access as the 3 most important factors......I said Niseko, Hakuba and Rusutsu, giving a few pros n cons for all places as I saw them. Would there be any others that I should consider?

Myoko has a ski school with Aussie / Brit instructors, dead flat bunny slopes next to the village and one of the hotels has a crèche.

Hope that helps.

I thought about Myoko but was unsure about the English part....I'll add that on. Actually how is Nozawa on that front?

Sahoro....I forgot about that....what's the riding like?

Sahoro has slopes for all abilities, except the naked gnarlies.

Good things:

Food buffet for the kids so they get to choose fries with everything and icecream

Shows and entertainment to keep the kids happy

Free group ski and snowboard lesson

Bad things

Free group ski and snowboard lessons. Imagine 30 kids and 2 instructors. How long would a kid have to freeze his nuts off at the top of the magic carpet before his turn to slide

English the the local language, so it feels like you're not actually on the island of Japan.

I would strongly advise you get private lessons at Sahoro. There are some really cool dudes there and they travel around the world at the resorts to do their stuff.

We had an Ethiopian, grown up in America, ski instructor with a shaved head and only a pigtail looking like Genghis Khan who later we met in Ishigaki working as a football coach.