SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tubby Beaver

Children friendly and English lessons

Recently I got asked my opinion by a friend of a friend for choosing a resort to visit with English lessons, child friendly and nursery slope access as the 3 most important factors......I said Niseko, Hakuba and Rusutsu, giving a few pros n cons for all places as I saw them. Would there be any others that I should consider?

Myoko has a ski school with Aussie / Brit instructors, dead flat bunny slopes next to the village and one of the hotels has a crèche.

Hope that helps.

I thought about Myoko but was unsure about the English part....I'll add that on. Actually how is Nozawa on that front?

Sahoro....I forgot about that....what's the riding like?

Sahoro has slopes for all abilities, except the naked gnarlies.

Good things:

Food buffet for the kids so they get to choose fries with everything and icecream

Shows and entertainment to keep the kids happy

Free group ski and snowboard lesson

Bad things

Free group ski and snowboard lessons. Imagine 30 kids and 2 instructors. How long would a kid have to freeze his nuts off at the top of the magic carpet before his turn to slide

English the the local language, so it feels like you're not actually on the island of Japan.

I would strongly advise you get private lessons at Sahoro. There are some really cool dudes there and they travel around the world at the resorts to do their stuff.

We had an Ethiopian, grown up in America, ski instructor with a shaved head and only a pigtail looking like Genghis Khan who later we met in Ishigaki working as a football coach.

Kiroro have Annie's school for kids. Not sure about the English lessons but seen some gaijins working the front lobby and info desks!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.