• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjEE_1U0-8s   Book Now!

With all that expensive stuff, I suppose it's good that there's some cheap downmarket stuff to choose from.

Well, there's a strong case for saying that you need to be is censed and apologise issue.     Have fun, no doubt you will!

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, the rest of the world is trying to get a word in edgewise between these jocks catching up ...

Just paid accom at Alp Hotel at Akakura Onsen. January 21 for 8 nights! Cannot wait! :highfive:

• Like 1

Meanwhile, the rest of the world is trying to get a word in edgewise between these jocks catching up ...

Just paid accom at Alp Hotel at Akakura Onsen. January 21 for 8 nights! Cannot wait! :highfive:

Phew!! - that was close.

I arrive at Hotel Alp Jan 30th for ten nights after 5 nights at Madarao.

Missed you by that much JA :sadface:

Phew!! - that was close.

I arrive at Hotel Alp Jan 30th for ten nights after 5 nights at Madarao.

Missed you by that much JA :sadface:

I'll try to make sure there's still some wine left for you, then junkman! :p

Damn, JA, that's may be just a bit early for me(us). Hope to catch up with you if possible.

When I get PM capability back (I bin away for too long, apparently!) we can see what can be arranged!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, every time there was a decent snowfall (when I was around) in Jan & early Feb last season, those heated sidewalks were well covered.

Nice enough in late Feb & March, I suppose. The yuppiefication of Hirafu may now be irreversible.

Hmmm, every time there was a decent snowfall (when I was around) in Jan & early Feb last season, those heated sidewalks were well covered.

Nice enough in late Feb & March, I suppose.

I agree. But when there's a decent snowfall and they're covered it is soft and you're not sliding on it.

I like that the ice will be melted away. That exact spot there in the pic I'd be carrying two sets of skis for my skiing friends while they battled to not fall over on the ice. And my snowboarding friend would have her board and mine. Board boots are such an advantage!

I am much more interested in what's going up on the corner block that used to be Paddys though!

Tall building...I'd say accommodation, but be nice to know if there's shops/restaurants etc in the ground floor.

Having done the Hirafu-zaka yardsale more than once, MB, I'm not complaining, just :grandpa: observing.

:lol: DiGriz

I was trying to recall how many times and where I've fallen over in the village.

IIRC (apart from those little recoverable slips...) I've fallen flat on my front at Gondola Chalets the first year I went (noob) and did some boob damage - and then last March I ended up laying down in a heap with my girlfriends at 4am on the opposite corner to the works in that pic (in front of Seicomarto) - but it was less about the ice and more about the intoxication ;)

That's not bad for a notoriously slippery village and an old unco gal ;)