• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjEE_1U0-8s   Book Now!

With all that expensive stuff, I suppose it's good that there's some cheap downmarket stuff to choose from.

Well, there's a strong case for saying that you need to be is censed and apologise issue.     Have fun, no doubt you will!

I think that what most people on here consider "best season ever" would be from a snow perspective and not necessary a business POV.

I don't think this season would be up there with the best seasons from a snow perspective. Business may well have been good, but with so much coming from overseas and being booked and paid for so long in advance, a bad snow year isn't going to affect business for that year too much

The reason that more Europeans are going there is that the agents are pushing Niseko (and why shouldn't they)

One of the main reasons they push Niseko and I assume more and more Hakuba rather than many other resorts is because it's easy. They can organise everything for their clients by dealing with native English speakers and companies used to dealing with western travel agencies.

And sorry if there was any confusion about the 'best season ever' comment. I thought it was obvious I was talking in terms of business. Obviously it wasn't. In terms of snow it definitely wasn't the best season ever.

I think that what most people on here consider "best season ever" would be from a snow perspective and not necessary a business POV.

The ONLY people who would consider a "best season ever" not to be from a snow perspective would be people with businesses and making money.

I thought it was more obvious what I was meaning in the context

Still hordes of people keep going to Niseko. According to nearly everyone I spoke to when I was there in Feb, this season was the best they've ever had.

I was referring to the fact that hordes of people keep flocking there and was providing evidence of that by the fact that business there just had the best season ever. As I say I'm sorry if it wasn't clear what I meant.

Well I can assure you I have nothing to gain financially from talking up Niseko. I'm going back in Jan. If anything it's in my interest to talk it down!

Except of course for a lovely little house down in Kutchan that would make the perfect holiday home. I've reduced the price recently! :p

I have been, but I just didn't find it as amazing as I was led to believe it would be.

In my experiences there are many places more interesting; and would make an excellent holiday to Japan.

But things like this often take on a life of their own don't they.

I'm fine with going back to places often. I do it myself. But only for short blasts. It's the being there for 2-3 months thing that I couldn't do, that doesn't appeal to me at all.

Anyway I just need more holidays to actually be able to play with!

Seemore, are flights open already?, couldnt book til july last year? Maybe Perth is different to the East coast

I am going early this year and the cheaper flights were filling up got Thai Perth- Bangkok- Sapporo for $1500 as opposed to Cathay at $2000 just the time of the year makes a big difference

I have been, but I just didn't find it as amazing as I was led to believe it would be.

In my experiences there are many places more interesting; and would make an excellent holiday to Japan.

But things like this often take on a life of their own don't they.

Lets hear which places you think would make a interesting holiday location, Im interested.

Lots of the obvious ones

Hakuba area

Yuzawa/Minamiuonuma area

Myoko/Madarao/Nozawa area

Shiga Kogen/Kita Shiga area

Minakami/Katashina area

Zao area (though sadly it's a bit on it's own)

And then there's lots of less obvious ones.

All depends on the kind of experience want, of course.

Thanks, having stayed at Goryu in Jan , im looking where next, like to be more on snow than Goryu. Dont speak Japanese so thats a factor. You mentioned a few I havent looked at so you have helped, cheers

We are both in our early 50's so we are not hard core skiers,

Is there anything so wrong with going back to the same place??? We had thought of going to Appi Kogen this year BUT with taking friends with us we wanted to take them somewhere we knew AND with Furano and Niseko you have other options for days that might be blown out.

Also with Niseko and a beginner snowboarder coming it means we can take her with us to each resort and still keep an eye on her whilst we enjoy our skiing.

It will be very exciting she has never travelled, never snowboard AND never seen snow.

We loved Niseko before it became "THE PLACE TO GO" so it will always have a special place in our hearts. No different to when we go to Canada we go to Lake Louise because we like it.

Is there anything so wrong with going back to the same place??.

Well, there's a strong case for saying that you need to be is censed and apologise issue.

;)

Have fun, no doubt you will!

• Like 1