YAHOO we are all booked!!! 3 weeks :party:

Furano with day trips to Asahidake & Tomamu

Asahikawa - Ice Festival - Zoo - Day Trip to Kamui Links

Niseko day trips to Chisenpuri - Mowia & Kiroro.

Interested in any other day trips if anyone has any suggestions :banner:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjEE_1U0-8s   Book Now!

With all that expensive stuff, I suppose it's good that there's some cheap downmarket stuff to choose from.

Well, there's a strong case for saying that you need to be is censed and apologise issue.     Have fun, no doubt you will!

Well, I think we should all jolly well be Booking Now, and paying in full asap. Nothing better than paying up quickly and clearing it all! And remember that there won't be any availability left if you wait a further day.

:grandpa:

I suppose flights are an issue for our Australian friends.

Interested to know though is it not possible to get a flight into Japan at short notice in winter?

Remember the lift at Chisenupuri is not operating anymore snowhuntress so it's purely a backcountry peak now. And we've booked our accommodation already as well (believe it or not it was already getting difficult to find a place for the dates we're going and the size of our group). Haven't booked flights yet but will soon.

Are you locals suggesting that theres no need to book until closer to Jan, Feb?, Flights out of Australia nearly every day, every day out of Gold Coast. I guess holidays from work have to be sorted.. Plus its exciting planning trips to your wonderful country. I live in the beach/surf/theme park capital of Australia, I dont need to book here either, just go off to the beach when ever I like. I guess you feel if you want the best places to stay you need to book as soon as you can.

I did notice that during the week I was in Goryu it was pretty quite out at night.. Maybe we can leave it til later on in the year..?

Is there really actually a shortage of seats, or are people just rushing around like silly chickens with their heads cut off and soaking up some Book Right Now kind of hype or new old wives tale?

:confused:

When I was reservations manager we often had people having to change accommodation dates because they were unable to get flights for the dates they'd booked.

That's been a big problem for years. They don't put on that many extra flights. In fact from memory Qantas reduced their flights some years back. Some of the slack was taken up by Jetstar but in peak holiday periods it's always hard to get flights on dates or times you want if you don't book early. Aussies travel a lot. It wasn't just a problem for Aussies either. We had heaps of guests from Hong Kong who'd struggle to get flights during Chinese New Year. Especially as many would book accom very early to get into where they wanted but prior to flights being scheduled for that period by the airlines. And then when they tried to book their flights they just couldn't get the seats they needed on those dates. Obviously it would cause a lot issues at times.

And I'm not involved in any business in Niseko any longer and certainly have no need to crap on with any marketing talk (not that I think I ever have) but I know for the dates we are looking at going the 3 preferred options we had in mind to stay in were already booked out by the end of March.

just checked, yes they are open.. $1100 plus extras return..goldcoast/narita

What airline is that manfredk?

Hi Native.. Jetstar. havent booked , just had a look, after extras, probably$1250ish

Be nice if they didnt cash in on us winter lovers.. Saw $600 return for April this year.

I tried the Jetstar website for Melbourne/Sapporo return and they have nothing yet for my dates in Jan. It might just be the connecting flights from Narita to Sapporo that are the problem though.

I tried the Jetstar website for Melbourne/Sapporo return and they have nothing yet for my dates in Jan. It might just be the connecting flights from Narita to Sapporo that are the problem though.

probably, i looked at Feb to Narita only. Have a great trip.. Your lucky , you can just drive up the road to Buller.. Jealous

I don't ski at Aussie resorts anymore! Who would after Japan!!

Totally understand.. I used to drive up there for a day when I lived In Melb. And took my family to Perisha and Falls a few times , but wouldnt spend the money there anymore..kids are gone so just me and the misses. Much cheaper..haha. Was our first trip to japan this year cant wait to go back.