Akakan in Myoko.

http://www.snowjapan...ra-kanko-resort

That is the German style place. looks pricey though.

Thanks U Tan, i have looked at Akakura Onsen, looks very promising, right location and price, also Yuzawa looks good with plenty of options in the same area. We have found a ski in at Iwappara, eat in really. But towns not far away.

Because we stayed at Goryu my wife got the taste of going out at night for a feed. THey all like being taken out for dinner.

A option I am looking at is 3 days at Myoko, back to Nagano for a couple of nights (wife keen on the shopping) to do some sightseeing around the area and then back to Nozawa Onsen for another 3 days. Or spend the all the time at Yuzawa trying out the different resorts.MAYBE..LOL

Only got 2 weeks in Japan and we want to spend some time looking around Tokyo more this time. The problem is too many choices.

Well if you want quick access to/from the snow to Tokyo, Yuzawa is the best. Shinkansen is only about 90 mins one way, snow is great and there are a bunch of resorts nearby

I feel like most posts I make are about Nozawa but... a lot of the guest houses and hotels are right up to the slopes and there are restaurants and a couple bars around town.

(Maybe it's time I copied Tsugaike's gimmick and changed my name...)

I feel like most posts I make are about Nozawa but... a lot of the guest houses and hotels are right up to the slopes and there are restaurants and a couple bars around town.

(Maybe it's time I copied Tsugaike's gimmick and changed my name...)

thanks, I am looking at staying a few (3) days in Nozawa and somewhere elseDid Goryu this year. with a couple of days in Nagano area sightseeing in between.