Good examples of resort mis-management (or... dumb stuff)

I was just reading Mr Wiggle's review of Happo-one and I must say I totally agree about the moguls.

It really is a problem and if they can't see it then they are... well, yeah.

Go take a read:

http://www.snowjapan...ews/detail/2056

Some friends of mine were talking about the exact same thing last week when they were here. They were none too pleased, and won't be going back to Happo.

What is wrong with these people?

I was up at Happo today for my last day of the season. Wasn't really expecting to much but really enjoyed it.

Got there at 8:00 and headed straight to the top. The runs had been groomed although the grooming was pretty average on the Kurobishi slope. The snow was surprisingly good although slushy but a lot of fun

By about 9:30 it was pretty well cut up and becoming moguled and it was getting busier with people still arriving so I headed home at about 10:00. Overall a great end to the season.

In Mr Wiggles review he said he got there at at 12:00. I would expect it to be very moguled at that time of the day at the current temperatures.

How can you say its resort mismanagement? What should they do, clear the runs of people and groom every couple of hours?

Also there are no real beginner runs on the upper mountain at Happo unless he is referring to the narrow road that comes down and even on a good day it's not really suitable for a beginner.

Does a well groomed run really get totally mogulled out by 12 noon?

In soft Spring snow and if you funnel enough people through a small area it probably can.

Out of curiosity, where would one get the figures used by Mr.Wiggles in the review, where he states that:

"The big story with Happo in the last fifteen years is that the resort has gone from getting more visitors than Goryu and 47 combined to getting fewer than Goryu alone."