Ski resorts with Ski in and ski out accommodation

January this year was our first ski trip to Japan, we spent 7 days at Goryu.

Goryu was great but just looking for another area to try FEb 2015 and that also has ski in and ski out pensions.

I am intermediate groomer( didnt get a chance to try out powder) wife is a nervous beginner.

Wife loved going out for dinner at night rather than staying in for dinner. My research has come up with Myoko Kogan, Madarao.

Nozawa sounds great but the ski fields area seem a bit far from acc.

I want to go off skiing for the day, knowing my wife is close to acc, so she can go back and forth to the beginner slopes during the day.

Any thoughts? or am I asking too much.

Thanks Manfred

Minamami Kogen I think also has ski in out accomodation but that is in Gunma.

Madarao is nice so would be a good choice too and the Madarao Kogen hotel is right at the slopes and aldo had restuarants and onsen in the hotel so your wife could go back and forth easily and would be able to relax.

The hotel in Gunma would be similar.

But not much in the village.

Minamami Kogen I think also has ski in out accomodation but that is in Gunma.

Madarao is nice so would be a good choice too and the Madarao Kogen hotel is right at the slopes and aldo had restuarants and onsen in the hotel so your wife could go back and forth easily and would be able to relax.

The hotel in Gunma would be similar.

But not much in the village.

Thanks . will have a look..

Most of the ski areas that I've ever been to seem to have some kind of ski-in ski-out accommodation. If you include "short walk to slopes," the number is even larger. What is harder to find is places one can also go out for dinner instead of staying in, unless you have a car (in which case I suppose it is almost always possible). Do you require that?

Yep, there won't be many places with several days' worth of restaurants worth going to in walking distance or a not so far taxi ride.

January this year was our first ski trip to Japan, we spent 7 days at Guryu.

Goryu was great but just looking for another area to try FEb 2015 and that also has ski in and ski out pensions.

I am intermediate groomer( didnt get a chance to try out powder) wife is a nervous beginner.

Wife loved going out for dinner at night rather than staying in for dinner. My research has come up with Myoko Kogan, Madarao.

Nozawa sounds great but the ski fields area seem a bit far from acc.

I want to go off skiing for the day, knowing my wife is close to acc, so she can go back and forth to the beginner slopes during the day.

Any thoughts? or am I asking too much.

Thanks Manfred

Yeah! Enjoy your vacation in Japan, Im sure your wife will love it too. Spend the days right my friend. Enjoy! :)

lunch On The slopes. best lunch Of My life

Top Of Toomi Run Goryu

thanks for the info, happy for a short walk, and a small choice of eateries would be fine, without needing a car. Akakura Onsen in Myoko, seems interesting.
We love the chance to try out the different foods, and atmosphere's .. Id just feel better if my wife was not waiting for me during the day. I was hoping that her skiing would have been ok enough to join me, but , may take a few more trips.
I will look at all the suggestions.. Thanks

There are tons of places that have ski in out.

I may have missed this but will you be with wheels?

No wheels, looked at hiring, doesnt seem viable. So pretty mush stuck at the same spot I guess

I first skied when I was 8yrs while on holiday in Austria and may times since. Im 54 now Ive got it pretty much sorted, working with my age.. not getting air these days.. Powder is different in Japan, wasnt much when I was there this year , so maybe a powder lesson next visit? Having fun still..Loving Japan and the forums..

I never paid for lessons and neither did most people I know.

Nevertheless, they enjoy skiing and boarding.

Neither did I......Thursday is just smitten by taking lessons

FWIW I never found one-time lessons much use. Multi-day lessons with the same instructor can really help.

I agree. next trip I will ensure she has more lessons, (with the same instructor). She got frustrated with herself,, Its had been a few years since her last ski,

$60 per lesson can add up though,