How much is gasoline/petrol where you are?

I must admit that I normally don't take much notice but these last few days been in different parts of Niigata and noticed some real differences.

Hi-oc ranging from 169 yen to 182 yen per litre. That's a fair difference.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, when I go skiing I take at least 20 specially prepared small beautifully wrapped gift presents and give them out to the poor lifties.   The nicer ones sometimes give me an 'okaeshi' return pre

We were in Niigata last week and regular looked like it was a few yen cheaper than in Nagano. Round here, even with self-service stations, you can pay 5-6 yen more in Hakuba than you do 30km away in Omachi. With a manned station, you can pay a few yen more again.

Regarding the cost of driving, we got a hybrid van just before winter and it's just done 13.8 km/l for its first tank on normal tyres. That was off the clock, not the fuel economy display :dance:

13.8...?? I thought they did quite a bit better than that Mr Wiggles...

I'm looking for a little used K vehicle for the daily commute not only to save some fuel costs but to save the wear and tear on the Cruiser. Preferably a Jimny or maybe a Pajero Mini.

Either of those cars are good. Finding a pajero mini will be harder than finding a Jimny as Mitsubishi stopped making the Pajero mini so not so much choice of second hand at least thats what we found.

Ah...there's a ton of them around though and quite a bit cheaper than Jimny's. Ideally, I'd like to get an older JA11 or 12 Jimny to beat on. Motors, trannies and parts are all over the internet. Mini's aren't nearly as popular especially for modding but stock parts are abundant.

Smells like a steak and seats 35!

Our hybrid van is an Alphard, which is a big car for that mileage. For short journeys, its looking like 12.5ish is more representative. By the sound of things a 4wd Fit or Note will only get 15 real world and that's with a light foot.

We've also got an old Pajero Mini, the 10 y.o. Duke one which might just mean two-tone seats. I've not done any offroading on it, though there is a course about 20 minutes away at what used to be Omachi Ski Resort.

http://www9.plala.or...lenakayama.html

(I think some of the pricing info is out of date on that website)

Ours is an automatic, and on ordinary roads, it gets up to about 4000 revs just to do 70km/h. It feels like the thing is missing a top gear. I carry firewood inside it, so it could probably do with a bit more love. :console:

Mr Wiggles, are you sure your car is in top gear at 70? Quote (It feels like the thing is missing a top gear!) I reckon it is missing most of them!

Today when I was on the motorway I checked my revs at 120k and my car was doing just 2200rpm in six gear.

At 4000 revs in second gear my car was at 70kl/h.

Even my K-truck does less 4000 revs at 70.

Mr Wiggles, are you sure your car is in top gear at 70? Quote (It feels like the thing is missing a top gear!) I reckon it is missing most of them!

Today when I was on the motorway I checked my revs at 120k and my car was doing just 2200rpm in six gear.

At 4000 revs in second gear my car was at 70kl/h.

Even my K-truck does less 4000 revs at 70.

Or maybe he was just going up a really steep hill... :lol: Yes, definitely something amiss with the "Mini Duke"

Interesting - who uses regular and who uses hi-oc? When should you be using hi-oc?

Regular for all my cars.

Isnt hi oc equivalent to what we call or used to call 4 star in the UK and regular equals unleaded?

I think only really old cars would use hi oc nowadays.

That is how I am guessing it is, anyone correct me if I am wrong.

I think that hi-oc should only be used on sports performance engines. I don't think it's the same as 4star, Snowdude. 4star is just Unleaded/regular, and 4star was what petrol was called when it had lead in it and before some engines got converted to take unleaded, they still had both at the pump. In the UK, Hi-Oc is called Premium........AFAIR