Can anyone help?!

Got a 4cm line of ballpen ink on some tan leather that I need coming off. Water and cloth only gets it lighter.

But scared of what to use and discolouring the leather. Anyone able to point me in the right direction to the product I need to get this off?

An amazon link or photo of it would be great.

Thanks!

You can magically remove magic marker by crumbling one or two crisps (potato chips) into a tissue and rubbing with it. The fat from the crisps on the tissue absorbs the ink. The crisps themselves also act as a very weak abrasive.

The crisps method is killer on wooden tables and flooring. Complete removal! I've not tried it on leather, but I'd imagine a leather sofa is crisp-proof. There must be plenty of real-world testing of that combo.

I've tried using the anhydrous alcohol on a fabric car interior and it's good, but you don't get complete removal of pen. I had some because its what you use to clean the sensor of a DSLR camera.

Thanks.

OK I tried something like the 2bd image I posted... just a bit. It seems to have worked ok, the ink is almost all now out so that if you didn't know it had been there you wouldn't notice. Which is good.

I might do it a bit more tomorrow.

Phew.

Crisps method is very interesting.

when our then 5 year old went to town on our leather sofa, my wife went apeshit. She got this and did the cleaning herself. And then she was well chuffed with herrself.

LMF-S.jpg

Leather Master it comes with an "ink out" tube. It's made in Japan, so fairly easy to get hold of.