SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chriselle

Make Me Laugh...Please..!

Ah...but even that hinges on this weekend's outcome... booking for a pet or not... ;)

You could even Book Now for the season after too, while there might still be a bit of availability. But quick, it won't last forever! While Stocks Last!

If you do venture into Hakuba Valley (remember folks, capitals now important!), I jolly well hope you don't grab that 1900 fireman helmet or indeed the taxidermy of local wild life before I go.

I would be distraught if someone nabbed it.

Thanks Charlotte. He's in pain although they hide it so well,,,,but in very good spirits with a voracious appetite. From the mid back up he's perfectly normal. This morning while I had him out of his cage for a sponge bath he scooted across the floor using one of his back legs....a VERY good sign!! Still dragging the other leg of course and still urinary incontinent (no control) but a good sign nonetheless. Also, my wife just called to say he was sleeping on his back which is another great sign.

• Like 1

That is a good sign, I hope he was having pleasant dreams like this little fellow

Dog sleeping on back.jpg?1297814339

It's a bit Pearl Harbour out there tonight......there's a nasty nip in the air!

Chriselle I am so sorry to hear about your dog. He may have ruptured a disc in his back which could ,be putting pressure on his spinal cord. This can occur from a dog sharp turning jolting stop or leaping up for a ball. It is very common in smaller dogs like pugs & french bulldogs. It can be fixed and after long post operative care they can make a full recovery. WELL WORTH the operation. Tick symptoms similar but very different (if that makes sense). Yes paralysis does present but also quite often there is coughing as if the dog has something stuck in the throat as the throat also paralysis.

Stay positive and please keep us posted :-)

Thanks Snowhuntress. Yes, it really looks to me like a ruptured, slipped or herniated disc. Saturday will be the day we finally find out. Training him I tried to keep him on the ground and was always aware of delicate growing bones and joints. But...his prey drive is EXTREMELY active and sometimes he'd just over do it.

All the best for tomorrow guys.

:friend:

Thank you... driving through Tokyo during golden week is going to be umm....unpleasant..!! Fingers crossed on the MRI.

Well...we did every test possible and drum roll please.................

...... Idiopathic Meningitis. And that ain't good.

The next two weeks are crucial. Ganbaroou Ti-kun!!

I needed a pain killer after I got the days bill....Holy $$$$haite...!!

Oh ya....Heavy steroids, antibiotics and a few other things to offset the side effects of the steroids and to assist in the incontinence (no bladder control). But like most things at this kind of stage...you have to steal from Peter to pay Paul.

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.