Haha...that's cool. And in the LandCruiser it just crawls along when in low 4. Heaven forbid if a cat ever runs across the road... he'd definitely be going off road to catch it.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Blond woman goes to the hospital. "What seems to be the problem?" asked the Doctor. "Something is terribly wrong, I keep finding postage stamps from Costa Rica in my Vagina." The Doctor had a lo

The current banking crisis explained by an Irishman.   Young Paddy bought a donkey from a farmer for £100.   The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.   The next day he drove up a

This might cheer you up   On a bitterly cold winter morning a husband and wife in Dublin were listening to the radio during breakfast. They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 i

Hey Crisps.. Well, with this heat he's having a bit of a hard time... as all dogs are. We live right on the beach so I've been taking him swimming to cool down. However, he's a traditional rough double coat Border so sand and salt a really hard to rinse out and the sand on our beach here is sooooo fine. I wish we could shave him but rough coats sometimes don't grow back in properly. There's another Border in the area and the owner made the mistake of shaving him.....now he looks like $hit..permanently. Hanging in there otherwise. The other day he got a wiff of a bitch in heat (another Border Collie) and just about went nuts trying to get at her.....he's been pretty genki lately..haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something that should cheer you up a bit, Chris:

New to the world of novelty candies are Spicy Gummy Peppers, the snack that’s supposedly almost as spicy as the real peppers they’re based on. The three peppers come in different shapes: Jalapeño, Habanero and Ghost Pepper. Each pepper represents a different level of heat intensity.

The gummies are combined with a fruit flavor to pair with the heat: jalapeño and apple, habanero and orange, and cherry and ghost pepper. Each gummy is actually imbued with the real-life pepper, albeit not as intense. It still needs to taste like candy, after all.

Ouuuuuhh....I don't know about that Griz. The Jalapeno would be nice but a ghost pepper gummy..... :omg: Not something you'd want to sit down with a bag of watching tv... :sj-lol:

I was planning on making some hot sauce this weekend but the weather wasn't exactly cooperating.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty good actually. He's almost off the meds but alas .... I think the spinal cord damage is going to be permanent. He still has to wear a rubber booty on one rear paw and when he runs he hops like a rabbit. He was such a beautiful and graceful sprinter. Oh well, at least he's still with us.

DSC_0027_zps09a12852.jpg

Should be getting another Border pup in another month or so... shooting for a blue Merle this time. My wife and daughter don't like the color but I've always wanted a merle. Something like this one.

Blue_merle_Border_Collie.jpg

Haha...no, poop is actually pretty good. He has an accident once in a while but he usually picks either the entrance tiles or the rock slabs in the onsen to drop his unexpected dooty. And he has firm poops so not a muck issue. Peeing is still iffy though and still has to wear diapers in the house. Once he's off the roids that should clear up, too....I hope.

Ya. Snowdude... I absolutely love the blue/black/white Merle.

• Like 1

Great to hear he's doing better.

We looked at the blue merles, browns & I think Australian shepherds - but chose the traditional black n whites for the ones we got now. All good tho.

Trying to hook a go pro up to their harnesses at mo to see what it looks like from a dogs perspective when catching/ chasing a frisbee/ ball - should be a bit of fun

We looked at the blue merles, browns & I think Australian shepherds - but chose the traditional black n whites for the ones we got now. All good tho.

Trying to hook a go pro up to their harnesses at mo to see what it looks like from a dogs perspective when catching/ chasing a frisbee/ ball - should be a bit of fun

I've thought about an Aussie, too. But they tend to be way too pushy and unruly. I'm wrestling with the idea of going for a proven working Border Collie from a breeder up in Hokkaido who breeds for stock work. Most of the dogs in Japan are pretty far removed from working lines thus they make good pets which is great for the owners but not so good for the breed itself. The problem is.... dogs from a working history are EXPENSIVE.....!! Also, the breeders are a little more discerning who buys their dogs and what they are going to be used for.

Tio comes from a sports line and he was looking promising until he fell lame but I really want a dog to train for competition..... and a working dog has the greatest chance for success.

Post some vids of the go pro footage...sounds like fun.

I've thought about an Aussie, too. But they tend to be way too pushy and unruly. I'm wrestling with the idea of going for a proven working Border Collie from a breeder up in Hokkaido who breeds for stock work. Most of the dogs in Japan are pretty far removed from working lines thus they make good pets which is great for the owners but not so good for the breed itself. The problem is.... dogs from a working history are EXPENSIVE.....!! Also, the breeders are a little more discerning who buys their dogs and what they are going to be used for.

Tio comes from a sports line and he was looking promising until he fell lame but I really want a dog to train for competition..... and a working dog has the greatest chance for success.

Post some vids of the go pro footage...sounds like fun.

Aussie dogs like their owners :lol: Yeah would be fun to train for competition - herding sheep. The bloke over the back fence has a few. Would love to see their instincts kick in but not my sheep. The bitch comes from an agility back ground but is really fine boned, doesn't take much jumping for Frisbees (only throwing it very low everyone) and we have to end the game - to her disgust but just too risky. The other is more from a show dog background. Will post footage but will be a while.