@GG.......No, I think the vet is right but,,, he just orders the prescriptions....I have to pay for them and now that it looks like we are into the "diminished returns" stage of his recovery the bills hurt even more.

@69.... Ya, the little bugger better be fetching my slippers, newspaper, and tv remote for the next 15 years.... :mad:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Blond woman goes to the hospital. "What seems to be the problem?" asked the Doctor. "Something is terribly wrong, I keep finding postage stamps from Costa Rica in my Vagina." The Doctor had a lo

The current banking crisis explained by an Irishman.   Young Paddy bought a donkey from a farmer for £100.   The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.   The next day he drove up a

This might cheer you up   On a bitterly cold winter morning a husband and wife in Dublin were listening to the radio during breakfast. They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 i

Ya....I'd better give him a chance at full recovery. The diaper thing is really hard to deal with though and I can't see doing it for years on end..

Here's a little clip of him walking the other day. A definite improvement from the near total paralysis a few weeks ago.. Vet is totally amazed.

Ya....he's pretty frustrated with the situation as well. Yesterday I let go of the leash and he just bolted and went for a little run down the street by himself.....something he has never done before. He can run better than he can walk... :lol:

Apart from his leg he lopks quite well in that video.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

But I have seen dogs with three legs out running ones with four.

Even if his leg does not recover if he is otherwise ok three good legs for him will not be a problem he will soon adapt.

I've ordered a few different kinds. Some fit ok while others just fall off. There is still a lot of experimenting to do. The good thing is that he doesn't mind wearing them.

Thank you for the interest Bags...

Well, he's having a bit of a relapse actually. I tried weening him off one of his steroid medications and he immediately started showing signs of paralysis in his back end so we've bumped the medication back up. It's really hard on him but I guess it's the lesser of two evils. The vet wants us to think about trying some really nasty drugs...basically chemo they use for cancer treatment but I said ... no way. It's not only toxic for him but for us as well. Just picking up his poop outside is hazmat level of handling...seriously nasty $hit apparently.

So with being back on the "roids" he's drinking like a fish and pissing like a race horse. All rather taxing really.. But hey, I haven't put him down yet...

I really fear this is an autoimmune disease and if that's the case he may be done for as it really never improves. The vet is hoping it's an infection but is now thinking the same as I am...