• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Blond woman goes to the hospital. "What seems to be the problem?" asked the Doctor. "Something is terribly wrong, I keep finding postage stamps from Costa Rica in my Vagina." The Doctor had a lo

The current banking crisis explained by an Irishman.   Young Paddy bought a donkey from a farmer for £100.   The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.   The next day he drove up a

This might cheer you up   On a bitterly cold winter morning a husband and wife in Dublin were listening to the radio during breakfast. They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 i

You could even Book Now for the season after too, while there might still be a bit of availability. But quick, it won't last forever! While Stocks Last!

If you do venture into Hakuba Valley (remember folks, capitals now important!), I jolly well hope you don't grab that 1900 fireman helmet or indeed the taxidermy of local wild life before I go.

I would be distraught if someone nabbed it.

Thanks Charlotte. He's in pain although they hide it so well,,,,but in very good spirits with a voracious appetite. From the mid back up he's perfectly normal. This morning while I had him out of his cage for a sponge bath he scooted across the floor using one of his back legs....a VERY good sign!! Still dragging the other leg of course and still urinary incontinent (no control) but a good sign nonetheless. Also, my wife just called to say he was sleeping on his back which is another great sign.

• Like 1

Chriselle I am so sorry to hear about your dog. He may have ruptured a disc in his back which could ,be putting pressure on his spinal cord. This can occur from a dog sharp turning jolting stop or leaping up for a ball. It is very common in smaller dogs like pugs & french bulldogs. It can be fixed and after long post operative care they can make a full recovery. WELL WORTH the operation. Tick symptoms similar but very different (if that makes sense). Yes paralysis does present but also quite often there is coughing as if the dog has something stuck in the throat as the throat also paralysis.

Stay positive and please keep us posted :-)

Thanks Snowhuntress. Yes, it really looks to me like a ruptured, slipped or herniated disc. Saturday will be the day we finally find out. Training him I tried to keep him on the ground and was always aware of delicate growing bones and joints. But...his prey drive is EXTREMELY active and sometimes he'd just over do it.

Well...we did every test possible and drum roll please.................

...... Idiopathic Meningitis. And that ain't good.

The next two weeks are crucial. Ganbaroou Ti-kun!!

I needed a pain killer after I got the days bill....Holy $$$$haite...!!

Oh ya....Heavy steroids, antibiotics and a few other things to offset the side effects of the steroids and to assist in the incontinence (no bladder control). But like most things at this kind of stage...you have to steal from Peter to pay Paul.