• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honda scores for Japan.   We should Accord him some praise for the goal.   Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.   He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.   Obviously wea

I wrote this just now:   The Metatarsal Scare   The beginning of an England World Cup campaign is traditionally heralded by a metatarsal scare. For Brazil 2014, Roy Hodgson found himself sweating

RVP-Robben-Schneider are a great front three, and that always puts you in with a shout. They made the final last time. This time though, those three players didn't see enough of the ball. Robben got it but not in good positions. RVP was mainly an onlooker.

I think the Spain result and Van Gaal's reputation might have got expectations a bit too high. Had Mexico not tried to shut up shop at 1-0, Holland would probably have gone out at the round of 16.

At least two of them looked saveable. Esp. Maxi's at the end.

Apparently two of the Dutchies refused the first pen, so Vlaar the Villian took it. And missed. A bit like when Anelka wouldn't take one and John Terry ended up on his bum.

3rd place play off a waste of time?

Absolutely.

Agree.

What's the point.

I'm guessing.... $$$!

Dutch just don't Want to loose, and Brazil is afraid of an otter waterloK,

I agree though.

I bet none of them want to play it. Getting to the semis and then the chance of going home losing two in a row. And for the winners.... hmmm, nothing.

Great to see Brazil humbled again !!

Can't help but agree with Spider Kalac's comment that he wished Holland had been less cautious against Argentina as their forwards are truly World class.

Go Germany tomorrow to complete a Europe over South America double !!!!!