• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honda scores for Japan.   We should Accord him some praise for the goal.   Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.   He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.   Obviously wea

I wrote this just now:   The Metatarsal Scare   The beginning of an England World Cup campaign is traditionally heralded by a metatarsal scare. For Brazil 2014, Roy Hodgson found himself sweating

Now, that is timing - se the last semifinal in Europe and the final in JP. May the best team (Germany) win! Restingday while flying.!

soccer-ball-kicker-smiley-emoticon.gif

What in the name of all things holy happened to Brazil? I literally went to pour a cup of coffee and when I came back to the tv it was just full of images of crying fans. Then the score flashed up 4-0 and I dumped my coffee all over myself!

Good to see some/lots of the fans sort of cheering on Germany near the end there.

Now if only Liverpool / Man Utd fans could be like that. ;)

On a serious note for a second. I'd have eyes in the back of my head for anyone who was on that pitch. Remember that Colombian defender that scored on his own goal and was killed. Someone is going to get snuffed for this. If I were a German fan I'd be careful where I was walking around town......maybe a good time to break out that token Canadian flag badge to try to fake the mob out. That nation is crushed right now... :shifty:

Bloody hell that was awful. I lost 2 hours of sleep for that shambles. :grandpa:

At least we now know why the keeper was changed for the penalties last time! Should have probably done it today too, that bloke was useless.

I just hope Argentina try and play their way out and not start kicking

Another thing.....why on earth did FIFA organise the final that's gonna be played at silly o'clock on a Monday morning for half the globe?! :grandpa:

I downloaded the game and I don't think I've ever hit the alt+right arrow as much in VLC. It's the shortcut that advances the video by 10 seconds. It looks like it saved me about a hour and a half of tedium.

The Dutch go out after failing to score for 240 minutes. At least the Argies had a bit of a go. Their final ball is very poor though. There were a few times when they had someone head up advancing centrally about 25 yards out and every time the guy ran into a tackle or hit a woeful pass. They'll not beat the Germans doing that.