I thought he looked devastated when he came off. Of course, when it came time for PKs he was cheering with the rest of them. Will Krul start next match?

Probably not

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honda scores for Japan.   We should Accord him some praise for the goal.   Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.   He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.   Obviously wea

I wrote this just now:   The Metatarsal Scare   The beginning of an England World Cup campaign is traditionally heralded by a metatarsal scare. For Brazil 2014, Roy Hodgson found himself sweating

Cillessen, the Ajax goalkeeper, was the first to charge on to the pitch amid the scrum of players rushing to congratulate Krul but admitted he was initially furious at being taken off. He booted a water bottle, soaking the substituted Bruno Martins Indi. “I didn’t know it was going to happen, so I was angry,” Cillessen said. “I wanted to play and play the penalty shootout. It is a pity I wasn’t told about it before but it worked very well.”

Yep. Sounds like Cillessen will start against the arggies.

For the footie fans out there, as good as the WC has been so far (right?) is it safe to say that all 4 teams that are in the semis are nowhere near "the best" those teams have been in the past?

WorldCuprefund

WorldCupRefund.jpg

After Nigeria was eliminated from the world cup the Nigerian captain personally offered

to refund all the expenses of fans that travelled to Brazil.

He said he just needs their bank details and pin numbers to complete the transaction.

For the footie fans out there, as good as the WC has been so far (right?) is it safe to say that all 4 teams that are in the semis are nowhere near "the best" those teams have been in the past?

I don't think Brazil are quite up to 1970 Standard ;)

That's even with their three best players, Neymar, Thiago Silva, and the key man Refereeinho.

Still tipping Germany to win.....final should be good whatever.....Holland hate Germany and it'll be a game of bloody tackles and the Argies have a history with Germany/West Germany in World Cup semis and finals and of course they'll be eager to win (arg) in Brazil's backyard