• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honda scores for Japan.   We should Accord him some praise for the goal.   Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.   He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.   Obviously wea

I wrote this just now:   The Metatarsal Scare   The beginning of an England World Cup campaign is traditionally heralded by a metatarsal scare. For Brazil 2014, Roy Hodgson found himself sweating

I missed some of the first knockout games, but the ones I saw were ace. I reckon this must be the best World Cup since '82. :grandpa:

I thought the French looked pretty good, Germany were lucky, and the Netherlands fought back well, although Mexico were stupid to play for a 1-0.

Go Colombia and Costa Rica!

Totally Agree. IMHO Columbia have been the most entertaining team at this excellent World Cup.

They have an abundance of technically skilled players; a new-found steely professionalism due to Argentinian Coach Peckerman; and an old, experienced squad member in Mondragon to keep the young heads calm.

They attack down the wings with overlapping full backs, or with long balls from the back, or by tiki taka through the middle.

I sincerely hope they slaughter Brazil !!

I think they have a real chance against Brazil. Especially in light of the way that Brazil have been playing. I also think France may be at the final after watching their matches. Germany just doesn't have the pace and this world cup seems to be all about speed!

Germany don't have the players...apparently 7 have the flu! France have flew under the radar, which is usually when they are good. They can sometimes struggle to live up to the hype when they are expected to win. Still, Germany have never had pace, they always just have Teutonic efficiency to get the job done. They aren't playing the good football of a couple of tournaments back when Ozil, Khedeira and Muller broke thru, but they are powering on......it'll be a good game.

Luis Suárez allowed to train during ban after Fifa backtracks

What a surprise!

If he joins The Chosen Ones (Barcelona), who reckons we'll see further backtracking.

Not for WC but for normal Premier League I often watch games starting at 1am on early Sunday morning.

Only very special matches if they start later than that!

I do much prefer it when they kick off at 9pm or 10pm Japan time though, that's for sure.

Depends on the games....If I prefer the later game, I'll get up at 5 to watch and watch the earlier game after....if I fancy the 1am game then I stay up for that then watch the 5am game later on

Always the 1am games for me.. which is gonna suck at the semis and final.

China = 1 hour ahead, so its really midnight kick off and 2am sleepy time which aint toooooo bad. Four am game is an impossibility though. No chance.

Watching Holland with interest. They don't seem like a particularly great team of players, but the manager ain't too bad.

More and more excited about United getting in this proper manager with testicles, and apparently rather large ones too, next month.

Subbing the keeper like that was definitely... interesting.

:)

I enjoyed the match actually. Plenty of chances, counters and pace. Of course, the end was a classic and Van Gaal looks like a mad genius now for subbing the keeper. Can't imagine what was going through the other keepers mind when he saw Krul warming up. Must have felt pretty bad being taken off like that.

I am very much liking his apparent lack of fear, self-belief and willingness to take risks (and have a very good record with results!)

:dance:

Doesn't look like he'd have any problems dropping players either. Fabulous.

Keeper change thing. Very clever on so many levels.

Didn't know much about this kantoku, but I'd rather he not be on the way to United!

I enjoyed the match actually. Plenty of chances, counters and pace. Of course, the end was a classic and Van Gaal looks like a mad genius now for subbing the keeper. Can't imagine what was going through the other keepers mind when he saw Krul warming up. Must have felt pretty bad being taken off like that.

They may have discussed this before the game, the keeper didn't look too surprised to be coming off. Krul is a giant and perhaps better at pens…...

Apparently it was discussed between manager and sub keeper beforehand; but not the keeper that was to be subbed.

He didn't seem to mind though did he.