• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honda scores for Japan.   We should Accord him some praise for the goal.   Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.   He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.   Obviously wea

I wrote this just now:   The Metatarsal Scare   The beginning of an England World Cup campaign is traditionally heralded by a metatarsal scare. For Brazil 2014, Roy Hodgson found himself sweating

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has apologised to Giorgio Chiellini for the bite that earned him a nine-match and four-month ban from football.

The Uruguay forward, 27, was suspended from all football for biting Italy's Chiellini in a World Cup match.

"The truth is that my colleague Giorgio Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with me," said Suarez in a statement.

Suarez has previously said he lost his balance and did not bite Chiellini.

It is his third career ban for biting after incidents with Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic while at Liverpool in April 2013, and PSV's Otman Bakkal while at Ajax in 2010.

It's because England are no longer there Tubby, I reckon.

You might be right.....cheering against Egland gives me an interest when my own shit excuse for a team can never make it.

Whatever it is I can't be arsed watching

World Cup: Arjen Robben was being 'honest' by saying he went to ground too easily against Mexico

He was honest about being dishonest.

You might be right.....cheering against Egland gives me an interest when my own shit excuse for a team can never make it.

Only reason for me is that im back on the morning shift so cant really justify staying up after 1am. Im still peachy keen on watching the USA game. No idea why. I think ive adopted them by accident :)

Only reason for me is that im back on the morning shift so cant really justify staying up after 1am. Im still peachy keen on watching the USA game. No idea why. I think ive adopted them by accident :)

I was happy for them to progress, but the media seems to have gotten a bit Ayr United over them.....proclaiming them the greatest fans....the noisiest fans and conversely the most obnoxious fans for their constant USA USA USA! chants!

The American media wouldn't know obnoxious football fans if you paid them.....just chanting USA USA USA won't piss a populace off that's well used to riots, shootings, knifings and other assorted thuggery in and around their games. Well done America, for sure, but let's not get carried away with yourself :)

My uncle Sandy used to play for Ayr United when Ally Macleod was the manager. I think he was even the captain back then. Alec Mcanespie. You can find his wee picture through google. His kid ended up playing for Raith rovers and scored in the penalty shoot out against my beloved Celtic that won them the Scottish league cup around 20 years ago. Another interesting fact, he was stuck on a roof and almost died when the levies broke during Hurricane Katrina. He was on the coaching staff at New orleans or something like that. Lovely guy, but we drifted apart when he got good at football and i became shit. His career just never quite materialised. It almost did. But then Bolton got a new manager right after he signed with them who never played him. The end.

Ps. My grandad played for scotland as well. And my dads team got cuffed by the scotland womens team in a friendly to the eternal amusement of my mum. Pity i turned out rubbish. Mon Crief they used to call me. Which i was reliably informed meant own goal. But im sure it just meant Fer **** sake!

steven.

anyways, saw all of 12 minutes of the game. Gutted to see the US go out. Its testament to the team and to Klinsmann that id even utter those words. Brilliantly annoying 12 minutes mind you. US pushed and pushed but just couldnt take it to penalties. Apparently the rest of the game was just as fun. Bradley, by the way, was all over every attack in those 12 minutes. Good to see him rise up :)

Yeah but they only played for 12 mins.....Belgium were attacking at will for the other 108 minutes of play. Only the fact that the goalie is a bloody good good keeper kept them in the game

Yes he certainly is! 16 saves and a new record for number of saves in the World Cup. There was Everton all over that match actually. Past and present. Entertaining match and the better team won in the end. Horribly, I found myself cheering for the US towards the end. Not very Canadian of me to be doing that!