Cant decide which game to watch! I mean obviously the italy-uruguay game is the one you should be watching, but i really want to see how Hodgsons half-pints do. Ya see, i like that hes doing what hes doing. Dont care that they win or lose, just want to see if he gets the direction he clearly wants. Tricky choice ;)

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honda scores for Japan.   We should Accord him some praise for the goal.   Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.   He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.   Obviously wea

I wrote this just now:   The Metatarsal Scare   The beginning of an England World Cup campaign is traditionally heralded by a metatarsal scare. For Brazil 2014, Roy Hodgson found himself sweating

Probably one for the chess fans. Italy holding possession, gently working it to just inside the Uruguay half, trying the occasional push, but more often than not, not bothering. Uruguay get the ball, try to push quickly, get smothered, give possession back to italy and we do it all again. Uruguay probably looking for a set-piece in truth.

Just heard Chiles say that costa rica look 'alarmingly ordinary'. This has bothered me. Costa rica arent that great. They were more often than not lucky against Italy. They pushed high, were caught several times by passes lobbed over their lines, and got away with it thanks to an off-game Balotelli. In the second half they could have very quickly gone a couple of goals down. They then ran their luck for the rest of the game and were incredibly fortunate that Italy were half asleep and kept miss-timing their runs to be caught offside. I mean, they werent bad, but youd have to be filled with the romance of the underdog not to see that they were a bit fortunate for a large brunt of that game. Then again, italy are doing a similar thing in this game and once again, a single goal might cost them despite basically dominating the flow of this one as well.

Anyways, decided to watch the second half of the England game. The tempo is tedious and the lack of urgency in Italy to press at least a little is boring my socks off. Id rather have the possible chaos of the reserve team.

ETA: Made the right choice. Both teams kinda messy, but good chance of something happening. Lots of speed and aggression and England unlucky a couple of times. But whats this? Marchisio sent off for Italy? Which game! Which game!

ETA2: England sort of lost a bit of steam in the last 15 minutes. Im not SAYING its because Gerrard and Rooney came on, they were slipping out of the game about 5 minutes before the pair came on, but it was sort of disappointing to see both of them come on.

ETA3: Poor daft Suarez. He'll be crying into his pillow tonight. I feel for the big numpty. I do admire those teeth though, its like looking at Adam Sandler with a pair of comedy chompers. If Kenny Everett was still around...

ETA4: oooh! hello TB, didnt realise anyone else was on. Figured i was just wittering to myself as usual :)

Italy only need a draw and let's face it they only ever play as if a draw will win them the game.....only exploding from slumber if a chance happens to arise.

Costa Rica have looked very ordinary but then so has England in a game that has no actual meaning

For England, it was the strange feeling of being at someone else’s party, outside with their noses pressed against the window. It was a stodgy performance and when Hodgson said he was “pleased to give the fans something to cheer about” it felt suspiciously like a man employing an old trick to try to manipulate the headlines. Hodgson kept to the deception and “couldn’t have asked for a better performance”. It was dispiriting to hear.

Sounds like he learned from the master, David Moyes!

"He obviously bites when he is stressed. Give him a little space. Don't try to initiate petting when you see him stressed but offer it from a distance. It is especially important to keep small children away from him."

American Canine Guide - 2009