I was pulling for the Three Lions in this one. Not what I expected from them today. They looked as if they were not in a hurry to score until it was too late. Many of their shots baffled me, and I expected more from Rooney. Better luck in the next match!

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honda scores for Japan.   We should Accord him some praise for the goal.   Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.   He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.   Obviously wea

I wrote this just now:   The Metatarsal Scare   The beginning of an England World Cup campaign is traditionally heralded by a metatarsal scare. For Brazil 2014, Roy Hodgson found himself sweating

I was pulling for the Three Lions in this one. Not what I expected from them today. They looked as if they were not in a hurry to score until it was too late. Many of their shots baffled me, and I expected more from Rooney. Better luck in the next match!

You shouldn't really expect more from him.

United fans have learnt that.

A highly frustrating player in whatever shirt he is wearing, and for the most part greatly over-rated.

It is truly baffling why he apparently seems so 'untouchable'.

It's very annoying. Don't really care about England, talking more as a United supporter.

• Like 1

Rooney seems to be one of the most sensitive players I've ever seen on the pitch. The second things aren't going his way he completely falls apart. As pies said, aside from the pass, he was shite. Felt bad for Baines this match. He kept having to face 2 v 1 situations.

Definitely some positives to take away. With Costa Rica taking the first game its going to be must win from here on!

Haha yes. So he did. Bloody useful it was too hey?

That's a bit like the 'But David Moyes is a jolly good bloke and is kind to animals' argument for not sacking him after easily winning the Shite Football Manager of the Decade award.

He's there to score goals, not run around!

It is clearly time to drop him and Gerrard and let the young talent have a proper go.

I found myself pulling for another losing team tonight...Japan. To be honest, I felt sick watching them. I feel bad for the Japanese sports fan, it seems they are always left with dissapointment for their sports teams.

You knew CIV was bound to score when every time you looked back at the TV they were attacking...Japan on defense over and over again. Oh well, USA plays tomorrow...I'm sure more dissapointment follows.

At least the media will be slightly bearable. Well, more so than... ;)

I'm guessing they will show the same highlight about 30 times, while sucking air through teeth and turning their heads ever so slightly?

Great goal from Honda, but that aside, Japan looked clueless up front. None of them seemed to want to take the initiative.

England were pretty good on the whole. As expected, bright going forward but ropey at the back. Rooney managed to invoke the spirit of Bebe at one memorable moment.

lulz-5.gif

No real cutting edge tho when you got to the box. Good finish for the goal but pretty much was it for the rest of the game. Italians were pretty comfortable and Pirlo was great again in the middle.

England’s manager, Roy Hodgson, has paid tribute to the younger players he threw into action against Italy, singling out the goalscorer Daniel Sturridge for his “exceptional performance” and insisting they could still qualify.

“None of those players let me down or let the country down today,” Hodgson said. “They all did what they hoped we would do except score that equalising goal.”

Gerrard and Rooney, on the other hand, we're absolutely shite - total waste of space.

I'll still play them next game though, even though I have players with more potential, because they are Gerrard and Rooney.

Actually, he didn't say the last two sentences.

But he probably sub-consciously wanted to.

yourlife-obesity-pic-getty-327451805.jpg

It's interesting how this World Cup there's less of the "we might win it" kind of thinking here. Of course, media still getting carried away and everything, but expectations seem to be lower which probably makes the sort of decent performance last night seem a bit better than it actually was.

Honda scores for Japan.

We should Accord him some praise for the goal.

Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.

He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.

Obviously wearing his Spike boots.

This is just a Prelude to what could be a good tournament for him.

Maybe it will be his Passport to getting more games for Milan.

He will be like a man Freed, on an Odyssey into the future.

Frind of mine think's he's well Fit.

:lol:

Pity they lost.

Oh well. The Power of Dreams!

Rooney: “I was disappointed that I didn't score - AGAIN!!!!!! - but the team will move on. We are looking forward to the game on Thursday and hopefully we can get three points. I won't score though, obviously."

Phil Neville could be dropped from the BBC’s live commentary team if England reach the last 16 of the World Cup after a welter of complaints about his “boring” style during the team’s defeat by Italy.

The BBC said it had not yet decided who would provide expert commentary if England reach the first knockout round of the tournament - the next England match to which the BBC would have live broadcast rights.

Wonder if they signed him up thinking he was exciting? ;)

They probably signed him in the hope he'd be decent like his brother Gary, who I like when he does the CL commentary, perhaps a bit like when Man U signed Phil as a kid