I think

Never a penalty in a million years. It didn't look a foul on the keeper either.

Good for the script though. ;)

totally! A dodgy penalty, elbow in the face, own goal, a foul let go. A great start to a World Cup! I hope we can get some more game like it!

Only 63 to go!

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honda scores for Japan.   We should Accord him some praise for the goal.   Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.   He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.   Obviously wea

I wrote this just now:   The Metatarsal Scare   The beginning of an England World Cup campaign is traditionally heralded by a metatarsal scare. For Brazil 2014, Roy Hodgson found himself sweating

With the background to the tournament, there's got to be a fair chance Brazilian locals would have a bit of riot if their boys went out first round. I can't see Fifa allowing that.

Keeper aside, Croatia look a good team, so it was a shame for them.

English people aren't supposed to say this, but I kind of hope the Argies win the whole thing. They've got lots of great players and no mad Diego to mess it up this time.

The World Cup opening ceremony has been thrown together at the last minute after Brazil admitted it forgot.

There should hopefully be some fruit

Brazil said that amid the chaos of making football pitches, it overlooked the part about staging a surreal, overblown ceremony costing millions that no-one will understand.

A spokesman for FIFA said: “I’ve got 6,000 dignitaries and a worldwide audience expecting a wild phantasmagoria of puppetry, dancers, local celebrities and hats with fruit on.

“Where are the symbolic ballets depicting the country’s colonisation by Portugal. Where is the giant, shaved groin? Where are the ten thousand local children dressed as coffee beans?

“How are we expected to make a TV event without a massive hot air balloon being repeatedly inflated and deflated as a tribute to Pelé’s world-famous struggle with erectile dysfunction?”

But organiser Tomas de Boas said: “It’s fine. We’re going to have all the national squads, carrying their flags, walking round the stadium and smiling.

“I’ve hired the samba band that played at my brother’s wedding. They were available at the last minute because they’re incredibly bad.

“And my wife’s done a quiche.”

Since the World Cup group stages adopted three points for a win in 1994, only Chile have qualified from a group with just three points. They reached round two in 1998 without winning a game.

If penalty shoot-out wins are ignored, it is theoretically possible to lift the trophy without scoring a goal.

That reminds me of a classic pub quiz question. Name the only unbeaten team at the 1974 World Cup.

Scotland, young laddie!

This can be updated to 2010. So can anyone name the only unbeaten team at the 2010 World Cup?

That reminds me of a classic pub quiz question. Name the only unbeaten team at the 1974 World Cup.

Scotland, young laddie!

This can be updated to 2010. So can anyone name the only unbeaten team at the 2010 World Cup?

NZ!

Aussies are making a match of it. Entertaining morning so far!

Hair aside, and also that one pass aside, he was extremely rubbish.

As was Stevie Me.

Sterling did a job worthy of his name though.

Generally not half as rubbish as expected.

This might belong in the ponder thread, but still... is there no white tattoo ink available? The lads with darker skin tones could really do with some white ink as currently we simply can't read what's on their bodies, and they probably can't either. Its jolly inconvenient.