• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honda scores for Japan.   We should Accord him some praise for the goal.   Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.   He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.   Obviously wea

I wrote this just now:   The Metatarsal Scare   The beginning of an England World Cup campaign is traditionally heralded by a metatarsal scare. For Brazil 2014, Roy Hodgson found himself sweating

New excuse for Rooney being rubbish!

>>

She first came to the nation’s attention after she took part in a threesome with England footballer Wayne Rooney in 2010.

And now it has been revealed former prostitute Helen Wood is making her way into the Big Brother house as the popular reality show returns to screens on Thursday.

The 27-year-old is set to spill Rooney’s sex secrets during her time in the house which her family fear will have a negative effect on the footballer’s performance during the world cup finals in Brazil.

I see England were suitably shite early this morning.

Once they are knocked out, the 'just jolly well not good enough' excuse can be used in full.

The most downcast soccer fans in the world — relative to the quality of their national team — are the citizens of England.

Only 4 percent of English respondents named the home country when asked which team would win the World Cup, in a recent Upshot/YouGov study of 19 countries. Of the 19 countries, only respondents in Costa Rica, which doesn’t crack the top 25 in various world rankings, were so pessimistic.

England, by comparison, has somewhere between the sixth- and 11th-best national team in the world, depending on which ranking you believe. Just two years ago, England was the third-ranked team in the official FIFA rankings.

English pessimism may be rational, in light of the country’s decades of World Cup heartache, but it nonetheless stands out. In South Korea (which has the world’s 55th-ranked team), 8 percent of respondents forecast a championship for the home side. Similarly, 8 percent of Mexicans (whose team is ranked 19th), 11 percent of Australians (59th), 14 percent of Americans (14th), 21 percent of Italians (9th), 48 percent of Spaniards (1st) and 64 percent of Brazilians (3rd) did.

The dark view from England especially contrasts with the irrational optimism that typically grips that country before a World Cup. Then again, given England’s recent results, maybe the low expectations will be a good-luck charm. “Where are the scads of St. George flags fluttering like English hearts from windows and white vans and honky-tonk pubs?” Sean Ingle of The Guardian recently asked. “The plastic red and white Droog hats? The headlines suggesting that England can win the World Cup?”

He continued: This year’s “zesty young squad is not noticeably worse than other recent vintages. Compared with some — 2010, for instance — it is arguably better.”

England’s first match, against Italy, takes place Saturday, in the Amazon city of Manaus.

Fate is having a laugh.....our futsal group are having a sweepie for the WC.....I drew f##king England! Already the thought of winning is disgusting :(

A Scotsman's worst nightmare, do what comes naturally and cheer against England but lose his money, or cheer for his money but England win?!? Judas' 25 pieces of silver would've weighed less on his conscience

I'm definitely looking forward to the tournament. I don't have any emotion attachment to any team though since Canada are never ever going to be in the world cup (unless we host it). I'm just looking forward to great matches.

Some top quality J-league refging in today's opening game......never a penalty, but the Brazilian player was touched so penalty it is!!

Shite ref!

Croatian goalie was a bit naff as well, slow going down at the first and then let in a tommy-toe poke from Oscar for the 3rd.....he must have Brazil on the sweepie