Hello,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but thought a fresh thread might be a good starting point (didn't fancy scrolling through 64 pages of the football thread 2013 - 2014 to find my answers)

Anyone know if and or what games will be televised here in Japan? After the lack of any coverage other than those events including a Japanese athlete/team at the last 2 Winter Olympics, London Olympics and the last World Cup (I have been living here a while), was just very desperate to see what channels and what games will be on't telly.

Hopefully the stadiums will be finished on time too!

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honda scores for Japan.   We should Accord him some praise for the goal.   Maybe give him a Civic reception when he gets home.   He seems to be in his Element at the world cup.   Obviously wea

I wrote this just now:   The Metatarsal Scare   The beginning of an England World Cup campaign is traditionally heralded by a metatarsal scare. For Brazil 2014, Roy Hodgson found himself sweating

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all of the Japanese matches will be on television (probably several times each). Other than that it's anybodies guess! The time difference is really going to **** things up!!

I wouldn't worry about the Japan games. In fact, you'll be wanting to escape coverage of those.

Last time Skyperfect had all the games on live and repeated them. I seem to remember BS/NHK showing lots too and selected games on different channels.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of teams being announced.

It's all jolly exciting isn't it.

Actually, it isn't.

But on NHK news now they are playing some Playstation 4 software and, even though Japan are playing some countries that no-one has ever heard of (*), the gaijin in those teams are obviously very tall and big and gaijin-y....so it's going to be taihen taihen, but... Gambarimasu!

* even their mums

England World Cup squad: Ashley Cole axe was 'one of the hardest decisions', says Roy Hodgson

He was also considering shotgun, bow & arrow and electric shock.

Still, absolutely GUTTED that that fine, upstanding man isn't going.

In spite of losing their sponsor, the England oompah band are apparently still going. :sadface:

Obvious weak links aside (!) England have quite a good squad, with several attacking options. Much better than Darius Vassell, Trevor Sinclair and Theo Walcott aged 14 or whatever it was.

wow, an Ingerlund supporter.

Italy will rip them apart and then Uruguay would finish the job with perhaps a result with Costa Rica, but doubt it very much.

This one with all the corrupt officials will go to Brazil.

I see that Sheera! Was in the BBC saying England can make the semi finals.....unbelievable. Just last month the media were rightly playing down the teams chances and now that the team has been announced they are semi-finalists!! Jeez! It's a young team with some good talent and being so young might surprise people (hopefully not :p ) but Jesus, does the media never learn?!? Ramping expectations up right from the off isn't gonna help them.

It just probably/maybe gets the eyeballs, doesn't it.

My expectation and hopes are that England are shite and get chucked out at the first available opportunity.

In two minds about Japan because of the horrible media coverage here and the way 112 year old great-granny Suzuki bizarrely starts talking about football.

For some reason, this world cup just doesn't seem to be building up the excitement for me.

It could be because it's in Brazil so the time difference screws things up, or that the overpaid prima donnas don't deserve our attention, or that Sepp Blatter has right royally ****ed up the whole World Cup process. It's just around the corner, and noone in my office is excited by it, nor have they been fooled by the over excited British media.

Nippon! Nippon! Nippon! Nippon! Nippon! Nippon!

Are you ready?!