Here is the link for this place.

http://www.snowjapan.com/japan-ski-resorts/nagano/komagane/senjojiki

Has anyone been? If so, how was it? It looks like an epic location. It looks like the lift is a "T-bar" which I have no experience with (is it kind of like a bunny hill rope tow?). I've also seen people climbing the surrounding peaks from here which is also intriguing to me. Boarding down from the ridge line could be amazing too! Any info would be appreciated.

img_senjojiki_01_hakugin.jpg

Here is the link for this place.

http://www.snowjapan...agane/senjojiki

Has anyone been? If so, how was it? It looks like an epic location. It looks like the lift is a "T-bar" which I have no experience with (is it kind of like a bunny hill rope tow?). I've also seen people climbing the surrounding peaks from here which is also intriguing to me. Boarding down from the ridge line could be amazing too! Any info would be appreciated.

img_senjojiki_01_hakugin.jpg

That's the really high place down south in Komogane. It's only open for a little while in spring and it doesn't look all wintery like in this photo.

I've never been, but heard it's pretty lame. The drag-lift just serves some weak-sauce run.

I imagine it would get a bit more interesting if you hiked up into the higher terrain though :confused:

It looks like the lift is a "T-bar" which I have no experience with (is it kind of like a bunny hill rope tow?).

Their home page has instructions on how to use the T-bar. It is not like any T-bar I have ever seen before (consisting of a grand sample of two: a local ski area when I was growing up, and Appi Kogen). But the main point, not to try to sit down, would seem to apply.

Anyway, it is kind of like a rope tow, for your butt.

Senjojiki is only worth it if you're willing to hike.

And, that drag lift isn't a real T-bar; it's a wire that you hook onto using a T-shaped wood handle that has a couple of bolts on it to snag the wire.

Pretty place to visit.

That's the really high place down south in Komogane. It's only open for a little while in spring and it doesn't look all wintery like in this photo.

I've never been, but heard it's pretty lame. The drag-lift just serves some weak-sauce run.

I imagine it would get a bit more interesting if you hiked up into the higher terrain though :confused:

I imagine myself walking up to the ridge line and ripping down one of those chutes like a boss :lol:

I would probably be going more for the views and the hiking but snowboarding down would beat walking!

I imagine myself walking up to the ridge line and ripping down one of those chutes like a boss :lol:

I would probably be going more for the views and the hiking but snowboarding down would beat walking!

Most people that go up there do so just to hike/gape I heard...... The ride down from the top might give you 5 or 6 corn turns ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Have you not been yet Gunma Boarder?

;)

Looking into it a little more price has kind of become an inhibiting factor. On top of the prices for the lifts you also have to pay for parking and to ride a bus which adds around 2,000 yen to the price. Still want to go one of these years put probably won't make it this year. I might end up climbing the same mountain from the other side in the next couple of months. Will post some pics if I do.

Have you not been yet Gunma Boarder?

;)

Looking into it a little more price has kind of become an inhibiting factor. On top of the prices for the lifts you also have to pay for parking and to ride a bus which adds around 2,000 yen to the price. Still want to go one of these years put probably won't make it this year. I might end up climbing the same mountain from the other side in the next couple of months. Will post some pics if I do.

Coming from your neck of the woods it sounds like it wouldn't be worth the effort and expense.

Next season is just around the corner though :p