G'Day,

The time is getting ever closer to when Sam and I head over to Niseko for a couple of weeks.

I have managed to find several trail maps for the various areas of Niseko. I've found one for Hirafu, Higashiyama and Annupuri. They are not great images as they are small and poor quality and thus are hard to read and see properly, with the expcetion of the Hirafu which i have a hard copy of. I have also found one trail map which encompasses the whole resort but the quality is shocking, to the point that the writing isn't readable.

My question is - does anyone know of a good sized, good quality trail map for Niseko?? I may be struggling to find one because of my lack of Japanese language skills. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, where abouts is this Strawberry Fields run that everyone raves about??

Cheers folks!

Hey freak,

Check out www.niseko.ne.jp Its in japanese but to find the map click the third box on the menu bar at the top left of the page. You can also look at web cams by clicking on the menu at the bottom left of the page.

"Strawberry Fields" (note: only foreiners call it this) is located under the bottom lift at Hanazono this is on the far right of the Hirafu trail map.

Enjoy your trip.

freak, like the goose says you can get it there, also don't sweat about the run names!! just find the freshies (plenty) and you will have your own gold! I had ridden Hirafu 2wice before last weeks trip, and never new a name of a run! A mate of mine told me where Tetsu's, Stawb's etc tec was and to my frikkin delight I had been riding those spots all along! They are pretty easy to find bro! you are a lucky bast ard! i am having pow withdrawls!

Hey, S_Freak, as a collector of trail maps I can have one in the mail for you if you give me your address. It's A4 size, covering Annupuri, Higashiyama, Alpen, Kogen and Hanazono and in full colour BUT in Japanese. So just let me know if you can't wait.

Freako! relax about the trails mate! I reckon if you worry too much about if you are on "those" tracks you could cause yourself some stress!! Sounds like you have a few weeks there, hang out at bars etc meet a few crew and you will find....

Markie, thanks for the offer but i've got a couple of good ones now to keep me going!

Indosnm - i'm not worried about the trail maps!! I just like looking at them before i get there, like Markie says - its part of the pleasure. I'm not worried or stressed, i was just curious.

Hey snowboard..it's the goose again, for my 2 cents worth, just ride the lifts to the top, follow the ant trail of people trekking to the top of the peak, have a rest, take in the sick view, spare a thought about your mongrel mates for a sec and what futile and pointless lives they are leading back home, think what a lucky b****d you are ,point ya board down that pow and fly and float...

Mate you will be sweet...I know how you feel..I'm going back in 2 weeks and buzzing off my head..You'll find your way around quick as..especially with 2 weeks..I'm up there until late march early april, depends on the snow..so maybe catch up with you..just wait until you get off that plane in sapporo...just soak it all in..for the next 12 months you'll be hanging and saving to get to get back..mate I'll tell ya..you'll never be the same

But one word of warning..there will be a s**t load of aussies up there, so get up for the first lifts and fresh pow..it does get poached and yes the Japanese ride the trees..so get out early and get amongst it...just keep riding new territory all the time..

Take it easy and happy new year!

Has anyone seen my head...that was one hell of a party!

Maybe around A$1500-1600? With JAL anyway. Could be a little cheaper wtih other airlines. But for an extra $100 or so you can go SYD/TOKYO/ then either North America West Coast or Europe or London (or maybe for a little less you can go to China) return. 6 months or one year open. I often fly on those JAL tickets, currently on one that goes SYD/NAR/LON/NAR/SYD that cost around $1700 or a little less last Sept. If you originate from Tokyo it's usually cheaper unless in mid holiday season. Of course it depends on the time of year. This time of year it's probably around $1100-1200 or so (around 90,000 yen).

That is about what it costs from the states really. I am a little surprised. I figured with so many Aussies heading there it must be cheaper. Not too many Americans go to Japan, and definitely not to ski. I guess Americans have the advantage of a lot of close, nice resorts, though.