I just came back from an actually enjoyable neighbourhood party.

Lots of free beer and food. Which was good.

But the smoke.

Blimey. It was mad.

How do smokers cope with the disgusting smell that they obviously must live with? Or do they just get numbed to it?

My father in law died Feb this year from throat cancer coursed by excessive smoking.

Neither my wife or I smoke.

I tried a cigarette once when I was 15 absolutely hated it and couldnt understand what was so cool about smoking and never ever smoked.

My father in law also died this Feb, lung cancer from smoking. Not sure why anyone would choose to smoke, especially after seeing the damage it causes.

Ah...but I do love a nice cigar.

..and the smell of pipe tobacco is yummy...never tried it though...

The only time I would smoke cigs was when out on tour after setting the stage lighting I'd light up and hyper-puff away to see where the light beams were pointed. Not really smoking..

There must have been 25 people smoking in a room that was probably about 20 tatami mat in size.

The air was thick with it, visibility was extremely limited.

I washed my clothes, had a bath and a shower before bed. Still felt I was smelling of smoke, perhaps it was what was remaining up my nose.

:grandpa:

If it hadn't been for the smoke, I would probably have had a really fun time.

I might even sort of a bit understand if it actually looked really cool.

But rather it just looks really very silly and people partaking come off as complete dickwads.

Just don't smoke in my house or my car and we'll get along fine..

I must admit and you guys admit it, too .. It's amusing blowing smoke rings while drunk... :D

I referee at high school karate tournaments (my job is partly as a karate coach at my high school), and usually after a tournament is over the referees get together for a drinking party.

As most of these referees are former karate athletes themselves, you would have thought that they would be looking after their own health quite sensibly. However, the amount of smoke that is puffed out by these people is incredible.

Like many other people have already posted, I'm not too comfortable with that amount of cigarette smoke and I often make my own excuses and leave early.

I myself am one of those filthy smokers, but cannot stand the act of doing it indoors or even in a car. Was very pleased when pubs & clubs banned indoor smoking in Aus.

Almost vomit when I'm in Japan having a smoke in those tiny little glass rooms at airports & hotels.... my theory is that they do it not as a convenience for smokers, but rather as a form of punishment for their evil habit.

This is how I feel about smoking:

This comment is yet another insult to a people of indigious status. Your incentitvety have insulted the aboriginal races of both Japan and Australia on this forum.

I will not stand by and not defend the right to equity against your ever continuing racisim. You both need to be is censed and apologise issue.

Just don't smoke in my house or my car and we'll get along fine..

I must admit and you guys admit it, too .. It's amusing blowing smoke rings while drunk... :D

Definately better than blowing a seal ;)