This is strange.

Usually when I'm in nihongo mode, and I type a-r-i-g-t-o-, it comes out in the proper hiragana, but right now it is appearing as this

チスキチカラナ

What the flips going on there?! And how do I fix it, anyone?!

Thanks

I have had something like that happen to me before.

I remember fannying about with the Japanese related settings bottom right task bar, as well as the few keys on the keyboard.

It was a random try and see and eventually worked, but I don't know what it was that worked.

Gambatte!

Just push the Japanese key that switches between hiragana and katakana thats the one next the space bar.

If that doesnt work click on little icon on the task bar usually bottom right that has either an A or a katakana or hiragana moji.

Click this and select Hiragana from the drop down menu that should fix it.

Macs are always easier switching back and forth. On my wife's windows machine it will interrupt your workflow switching but then again I'm not at all windows savvy.

For the IME I use Alt+Capslock changes from hiragana to katakana, then you have to use shift+ capslock to change back. Dumb, since most words normally in katakana are guessed by the IME anyway...

Sorry yes I did get it sorted.

I took your advice about fannying about with everything and that seemed to work, pie-eater. No idea what was going on there I had never seen it like that before.

Anyways all good now.

Thanks.