• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want to get in shape, the animals you eat must also be healthy. For instance, if you want a hamburger, select a promising cow 10 weeks ahead of time and hire a personal trainer to develop a bov

Out of the person riding at that silly time and Tubby, Tubby seems the far more sensible!

Well had an interesting time at one of the bike shops today. I test rode the bike I am interested in borh the 500 and the 555 frame size and found the 500 to be a better riding position for me. I al

Definitely not a quick ride. I had plenty of breaks along the way stopping for lunch with friends etc. Usually cruise at a little over 20km/h. So it took all day, but at this time of year there's a lot of daylight in Hokkaido, sunrise is at around 3:45am!

When we bought curtains I was very clear that I wanted them to not be 'see-through' like the ones in her parents house.

They are still perhaps not quite as totally light blocking as I would like, but do a good job at keeping a room quite dark even in the daytime. If you so wish of course!

Don't like being woken up by light earlier than I want to wake up.

Entrance started today for the Sapporo Marathon (Oct 5th).

Only a half marathon mind u, so no need to apply if u are keen to run a full marathon!

I entered.

Ends on Friday I think?! Best get on it quick if interested!!

Got a chance to look at some bikes yesterday and with what I have been reading up I am almost certainly going to buy a touring bike.

As I want a long distamce cruiser that is both fast and solid.

I dont need it for going over bumpy trials more for doing long distamce cycling.

Now I just got to find me a decent touring bike in mu size.

Generally a road bike style frame, but usually steel framed and with a slightly more relaxed riding position. Made for going long distances and carrying loads, so they'll have plenty of options for mounting racks and fenders.

I've got a Surly Long Haul Trucker which I can highly recommend. It's really comfortable on long rides, and feels stable with front and rear panniers. They're not cheap, but definitely good value, you get alot of bike and solid components for your money.

Thx Magseven I had never heard of that bike you recommended.

It looks very nice.

I certainly see if I can check that out in a shop somewhere. That is just what I am lopking for.

Back on the bike myself. I couldn't keep up with the jogging. Make my knees complain too much.

Doing 30km or so 4-5 times a week, so not doing too bad.

Though not slimming as much as I'd like.

Actually had a good look at some bikes.

Getring a good tourer before autumn or winter is near impossible because of the model change.

I need to order my size and there are non in stock.

So also looking at hybrid and road bikes as a possibility.

Will keep looking around and see what I can find.

I found a nice Giant hybrid in black with might be a possibility as it is my size.

Yeah, I've tried to get my kids bikes in early summer this year and last and loads of good ones are sold out by now. By good ones, I mean kids' mountain bikes that do not weigh a ton. Delivery on some now is September.

It's something to watch for if you live in a snow zone and want to buy a new bike. Don't leave it till the snow goes before starting your search.