• 5 months later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a Defender, just an early-'70s vintage Land Rover. (I don't think the name "Defender" even existed back then, did it? Never heard it at the time, anyway.) And it was an awesome vehicle. Perfec

He's got the average sized one.

The new ones like what is built into my Delica update themselves automatically via the satelites.

SnowDude, could you please let me know the brand and model of the Navi you have in your Delica that updates itself. thanks

I have no idea, it is Mitsubishi's own one.

When I bought my car I had that installed along with the entertainment system, it is an all in one unit.

My car will be 4 years old this December so I doubt that model is even available.

It was not available as an after market instal anyway.

I am sure if you go to a Mitsubishi dealer they sell after market ones but I reckon you would be better off visiting an Autobacs as they would have more choice.

And although mine keeps its self up to date regarding the maps I dont think it updates the pre-installed info such as hotels, cafes, places of interest, etc, what was installed at the factory is what is there.

The after market ones tend to have more info from the start and the info is probably updatable, although you would need to ask to make sure.

The new ones like what is built into my Delica update themselves automatically via the satelites.

The ones I know don't.

You are told there's an update and the thing needs to download and reboot etc.

Are you sure you are correct?

The ones I know don't.

You are told there's an update and the thing needs to download and reboot etc.

Are you sure you are correct?

Well of course they have to download and reboot, mine does that other wise it would not be updating.

But it does not ask me it just updates when I switch on the ignition if and when there are any updates then it goes ahead and does its thing.

After a year, I've finally worked out how to get my phone and iPod playing through my Toyota stock navi.

The setting on the navi is for "video", but its hidden in the "audio" menu, not the "tv" one. The connection is through the old fashioned yellow red white video jacks.

Its a bit quiet on the standard music player, but gets sufficiently rocking with PowerAmp on Android which has a built in preamp.