• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a Defender, just an early-'70s vintage Land Rover. (I don't think the name "Defender" even existed back then, did it? Never heard it at the time, anyway.) And it was an awesome vehicle. Perfec

He's got the average sized one.

Nothing right with an automatic either! Drivers drive a manual car! Where as an automatic car drives the driver!!!

Unfortunately not easy to find manual cars in Japan unless you order a new car or have a truck.

My Delica has manual gear change, but auto clutch, which is actually quite good as it allows me to decide when I go up or down the gears.

I hate automatics like our subura R2, but can't be helped, my wife can't drive a manual so I had to buy an automatic!

My truck is manual as only I drive it!

I really hate manual cars. It's the 21st century for ****s sake.

I ride bikes, and a manual box on a bike is standard. I love that 'cos you can accelerate hard enough for the pillion to fall off and she would hold on tight clutching at your waist. 20 years ago mind.

I love driving.

I would never choose automatic.

It seems to take out the pleasure of driving, as gg said, and just bring it down to the function of getting from a to b.

Do automatic lovers want things to 'advance' to the point where you key in point A and point B and the vehicle takes you there while you sit in the back?

I hope they don't make cars that drive themselves only in the future. It is ok to have that function included if you are tired and don't want to drive, but if they were to take away the manual driving then driving would be so boring!

Given the choice I'd always go for a manual. Unfortunately and ironically LandCruisers with manual boxes are rare and thus very pricey. If you're driving something small and sporty it's a gimme but a big 6000lb pig like mine.....an auto slush box is nice.

they are rare over here Chris or do you mean in general? Not that I know, but just given the fact that most cars in the UK seem to be manual, I'd expect manual LC's to be the norm in the UK

I really like the navi we got in our car. Definitely much better than using google maps, which I was using before. It also connects to my phone through bluetooth so I can play my music from my iPhone and make handsfree calls. I can also use Siri through it. I'm not sure how much it cost though because the dealer included it for free. It's called Smart Navi.

I was just surprised because you have a pimped offroad setup, though I suppose you still have low with an automatic.

All the flash supercars on Top Gear seem to be flappy gearbox with no clutch pedal. F1 has been clutchless for years too. Legend has it that Williams made a superfast CVT car in the days before Senna but the authorities banned it straight away. Fwiw, old ladies with automatic only driving licences can drive a Bugatti Veyron because it qualifies as an automatic.

Electric cars have rocket-like acceleration but I don't think they use gears.

Reversing cameras are cool.

I think Nissan are going to overlay the image on your rear view mirror, so in the future, it mightn't be something that needs to be done via the car navi. If you have privacy glass in the back, you can't see much out of the rear view mirror anyway.

I find that if I drive away in reverse, our navi will often hide half the rear view image for a few seconds because its still going through startup and somehow needs to tell you what the audio is doing. "CD now playing track 5" or whatever. I wish I could turn it off.