• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only 6 hours to go and reports of toilet paper being in short supply pretty much everywhere on the island of Japan flooding in.   If you have any latest info on places where there's still some toile

A real party atmoshpere in the shops just before and after midnight - especially after - and I expect more of the same today. I'm off out shopping!     I'll report on the toilet paper situation,

Seriously for moment... No person over the age of 60 has any right to say ANYTHING negative about a raise in taxes. If fact, they should be be paying 10~15 percent. They went through their whole l

Just saw on NHK news that all foreigners are exempt from the price increase, you just need to show your passport to get the old 5% rate......happy days!

Really?

Even permanent residance gaijin?

I was under the impression it was October next year.

You may well be right.

I had heard it was two years after this increase but then not sure if it was two actually years or indeed the second year after this one.

:lol:

moi?!

Back on topic, Seiyu seem to be bucking the Abenomics trend and things are actually cheaper today!!

I noticed that too! I was trying to do my duty to pay more but everything in store was reduced by 3%. I was outraged! I'm just going to add up my savings and send a cheque to Abe directly to make up the difference.

I noticed that too; I was trying to do my duty to pay more but everything in store was reduced by 3%. I was outraged; I'm just going to add up my savings and send a cheque to Abe directly to make up the difference.

:thumbsup:

Seriously for moment... No person over the age of 60 has any right to say ANYTHING negative about a raise in taxes. If fact, they should be be paying 10~15 percent. They went through their whole lives either paying no tax or a paltry 3% consumption tax. Total bullshait... and don't even get me started on their "nenkin".....

Feeling bitter today at a few people..(elderly).

• Like 1

Just saw on NHK news that all foreigners are exempt from the price increase, you just need to show your passport to get the old 5% rate......happy days!

Nice one TB! My local supermarket was eerily quiet today when I went in for hanami supplies - everyone must have done all their shopping y'day. Felt so odd that I forgot to check the toilet paper aisle, so am unable to verify stocks down here!

Was never away from normal here, rather back in February we had a bigger problem of the shops having sod all food, etc in them due to so much snow all over Yamanashi for pretty much all of February, resulting in lorries not being able to get to the shops.

We are short of milk powder, infant formula fr our kids.

The reason being that mainland scum come here, buy the stuff and flip it at 30% profit over the border. The reason being, nobody trusts the Chinese brands.

I'm not against mainland kids getting the goods. I'm against the gangster scum who flip.