Key points:

40 seconds, first serious warning flag.

43 seconds, MASSIVE red flag.

47 seconds, why the hell did he turn away from the line he was on to the OBVIOUSLY far more exposed (even if you cant see the landing) and dangerous drop? I know there was a couple of trees he was turning from, but he had time to get back on his line once he saw the drop and realised he couldnt stop.

47 seconds, commit to the landing or youre going to eat serious shit.

There we go. Its a good educational lesson :)

It looks like boot prints where people have pulled up before the cliff and hiked back up round skiers right to safety...

Don't know what the dude was thinking...

I was expecting an avalanche vid when I first clicked on the clip, but oh no....

Yeah, I hate that feeling, whether you're on the slopes or the roads, when you come over a brow or round a blind bend and are confronted by something that you can't avoid!! Scary as!! Anyone know what happened to the guy?

I think I was riding the ridge between 1 and 2 and went off a drop about 4m. Totally unseen, the first I knew of it was air time lol.

Thank god for powder!!!

• Like 1

The razors edge...at the top it's quite a drop, further down it's a bit mellow...Mag Seven went charging over the edge and almost impaled himself in an unseen tree :)

Telluride's on my bucket list, but it's such a PITA to get to...

Yeah, man! The resort map looks awesome! Plenty to keep you entertained that's for sure...

Anyone have an idea how big the cliff was - from video or terrain image?

Big enough for him to consider himself a very lucky boy :omg:

Rode the waterfall gate (gate 9) at Niseko last month which is a very mellow run but still the track I was following on the traverse out was a too low. Had to pull up and hike up to a higher track. As i was strapping back in a guy followed the same track, kept going and went straight into the waterfall hole. He tried to climb/dig out but there was no way. In the end I told him to hang tight and went and told the ski patrol. They were not surprised. They said if one low track gets put in that day, then someone will probably get in trouble. They usually just close the gate.

Key points:

40 seconds, first serious warning flag.

43 seconds, MASSIVE red flag.

47 seconds, why the hell did he turn away from the line he was on to the OBVIOUSLY far more exposed (even if you cant see the landing) and dangerous drop? I know there was a couple of trees he was turning from, but he had time to get back on his line once he saw the drop and realised he couldnt stop.

47 seconds, commit to the landing or youre going to eat serious shit.

There we go. Its a good educational lesson :)

For sure.

Didn't have any worrying situations this year.

But perhaps that is me getting a bit older and not pushing.