Please help me with car ideas

Thanks GG...haha. I've been thinking of trying a vinyl wrap with it. Maybe gun metal gray or matte black. Should cost about 4 man for the wrap and a couple days work.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The black bonnet on the white car is the classic use of this in Japan.

Getting back to Costco, but I like their spare ribs . A whole rack, say 1.5kg, for about 1200-1300 yen. About three ribs done in a.n.other teriyaki sauce is usually about 700 yen in an izakaya. They also do big packs of salami and bologna sausage. Some of the cheese is relatively cheap for Japan too.

Have they been selling fire pits in the one you go to Chris? Basically a metal stand for burning logs with a tiled surround and a wire mesh cover. I've seen them on the Costco resellers websites, but not in the shop itself.

The black bonnet on the white car is the classic use of this in Japan.

Getting back to Costco, but I like their spare ribs . A whole rack, say 1.5kg, for about 1200-1300 yen. About three ribs done in a.n.other teriyaki sauce is usually about 700 yen in an izakaya. They also do big packs of salami and bologna sausage. Some of the cheese is relatively cheap for Japan too.

Have they been selling fire pits in the one you go to Chris? Basically a metal stand for burning logs with a tiled surround and a wire mesh cover. I've seen them on the Costco resellers websites, but not in the shop itself.

The black carbon bonnet is pretty much ubiquitous in all countries. It's not a bad look despite it's overuse.

It's been a few months since I've been to Costco. My wife's gone without me the last few times. I don't recall seeing any fire pits but it may have slipped my radar. Like Tubby I was thinking long and hard on their big smoker but didn't buy it as we had no room in the car....should have taken the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Volkswagen has confirmed that it will build a dune buggy for the new millennium.

The German manufacturer has announced that it will produce a production version of its Beetle Dune concept that made its debut at the 2014 Detroit motor show.

I like the slots in the rear spoiler for the skis, doesn't look like powder skis or snowboards will fit though.

I can see a snowboard ripping that back spoiler off if it was speeding down the road at that upright angle

There's something really wrong with that picture...looks like the beach and there should be a surfboard on there....not skis. The ocean is just over that grassy hill..

Does seem a bit weird to have snow skis on a dune buggy at the beach. A surf board would be to big, maybe there should have been water skis instead.

I had a '68 Beetle that I did up pretty nicely with 1776cc big bore piston set and duel Dellorto carbs.. scooted along nicely. A few years later I built a '69 Type III Fastback for street drag racing. 2180cc stroker 82mm x 92 bore, 40 mm intake and 36mm exhaust valves, duel Weber IDA 48 carbs......etc..etc.. That car used to shake at idle and get sideways when I punched it. Such a blast!!

Nowadays, I'd like to build a baja bug...

800px-Baja_Bug.jpg

• 1 month later...

Did a test drive of an 86 and BRZ over the last week in Niigata.

Seems there's a few second hand opportunities that were reasonable prices, courtesy of a friend involved with a car company.

Really like the look of them, and they drive great, question is about winter and snow.